FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problem in post notification subject
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problem in post notification subject [message #17572] Mon, 05 April 2004 11:00 Go to next message
Eugene is currently offline  Eugene   Russian Federation
Hi.
Thank you for your great work and fine support.

Recently I installed final stable version 2.6.1. After that I have noticed, that post notification about reply to messages is incorrect. User receive message with subject "New reply to Re:"
After "Re" is following unreadable symbols such as "но.тп"FЦ–"
All other text in subject and body is normal.

I use russian version (russian-1251) with locale ru_RU.CP1251 and I think this encoding function problem.

In previos version (2.6.0) this function worked without faults.

And second little bug. If include the message body and subject inside the email notification all links not have first part and look such as: "index.php?t=post&reply_to=3356" without http:// and home address.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2004 11:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in post notification subject [message #17573 is a reply to message #17572] Mon, 05 April 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The first thing you've mentioned is a bug that is now fixed.
The URLs are fine, even though they are missing the domain, because the HTML uses base href to set the domain, clicking on the links will take you to the correct URL.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problem in post notification subject [message #17575 is a reply to message #17573] Mon, 05 April 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Mon, 05 April 2004 10:40

The first thing you've mentioned is a bug that is now fixed.
The URLs are fine, even though they are missing the domain, because the HTML uses base href to set the domain, clicking on the links will take you to the correct URL.

Thnx.

But some words about second remark.

When I receive post notification with included message body, in e-mail message source I see:

<td colspan="3">
[ <a href="index.php?t=post&reply_to=3358">Reply</a> ][ <a href="index.php?t=post&reply_to=3358&quote=true">Quote</a> ][ <a href="index.php?t=rview&goto=3358">View Topic/Message</a> ][ <a href="index.php?t=rview&th=446">Unsubscribe from this topic</a> ]
</td>

No http links in href.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2004 15:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in post notification subject [message #17576 is a reply to message #17575] Mon, 05 April 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That's fine, because if you look @ the <head></head> portion of the e-mail you will notice it sets base href defining you're site's URL.

Re: Problem in post notification subject [message #17577 is a reply to message #17576] Mon, 05 April 2004 16:05 Go to previous message
Aaaaa
Embarassed

Excuse for foolish questions.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems installing; extraction?
Next Topic: Fud 2.0: File upload > 1meg
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 23:13:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04887 seconds