FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » maillist.php creating empty posts
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
maillist.php creating empty posts [message #17582] Mon, 05 April 2004 23:26 Go to previous message
sutehi is currently offline  sutehi   Canada
I'm not sure if this is an installation issue, or a bug, but since I can't find any other posts about the problem in these forums, I assume the problem is at my end Wink

I've got a brand-spanking new installation (stable version--2.6.1) running on a redhat server, with up to date versions of PHP and MySQL.

I'm currently trying to get the forums<->mailing list integration working. I have a GNU Mailman mailing list (version 2.1), which I have associated with a forum in the FUD Mailing List Manager. I've added the appropriate procmail filter (pasted from the MLM, with the script location fixed).

Now, when I add a post directly to the forums, it gets posted as expected to the mailing list (albeit with a blank subject line. I note that there's a thread about this problem, which I'll be looking at shortly).

When I submit a message to the mailing list, a post likewise gets added to the appropriate FUD forum, with the subject line and poster name appropriately set. However, the body of the post is empty. I'm not entirely sure where to go next to troubleshoot this. maillist.php appears to run without errors (nothing in procmail.log, or in standard error when I run it manually).

I'm not sure what other information might be relevant. Body mangling has been left blank.

If anyone can recommend a place to start looking, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message