FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Javascript links.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Javascript links. [message #17709 is a reply to message #17328] Tue, 13 April 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
treebeard is currently offline  treebeard   United States
I've been experiencing this same problem, which I noticed in particular with the Change Passwords link on the Profile page and the Move Topic link on the Thread page, where instead of the change password popup or the list of forum destinations for the topic move, the calling page is loaded in the popup window. Interestingly, I've gotten this result on Windows XP/IE 6.0 and Windows 2000/IE 5.5 (and have heard from a few members of our community that they have had the same problems, though without specifying their platform/browser); however, on Mac OSX/IE 5.2 and Windows XP/Firebird .07 the behavior is as expected (iow, the proper target page is loaded in the popup). In both cases, I tracked it down to the javascript onClick event calling the popup window, so I was fascinated by mocara's explanation.

However, mocara's solution--adding "/newforum/"+ to the lib.js for window.open--didn't quite work; while I no longer got the calling page reloaded in the popup window, I instead got a 404 error, page not found. So the variable "/newforum/" isn't returning the correct forum path, but it is eliminating the problem of the index.php being considered the root.

I'm going to keep looking into this, but any and all suggestions are welcome. As Ilia knows, we have a customized install of three FUD forums running against a single shared database (with merge tables for the 2nd and 3rd forums). We want to use path_info, but as our user base is about 75% IE on Windows (whose isn't, unless you're a Mac-oriented site?), we have to be sure these links work correctly.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message