FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Mailing list, completely blank subject
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mailing list, completely blank subject [message #17751] Fri, 16 April 2004 15:08 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
Out of the blue, something became corrupted in the mailing list manager. I had 4 mailing list manager entries and one of these was receiving email but not posting subjects. This is not the same problem as before; subjects were completely blank this time, not even a (no subject).

After playing around with it for a while, I realised the problem was somehow caused by a corruption in the database. Entry 1 worked, but entry 3 did not. I did not try entries 2 and 4. After deleting entries 2 through 4, I recreated entry 3 which has now oddly been assigned to number 5.

I sent another test message and it works. I don't know what caused the corruption, but this workaround resolved my issue. I hope this helps others.

I have two questions.

What would cause the corruption and why is this the symptom?

Why does the mailing list manager not increment from the highest number that has an entry in the database? In my case, 5 was used for the new entry instead of 2.

[Rather, I know why it does, but wouldn't it be better the other way?]

Cheers!

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mailing list, completely blank subject [message #17759 is a reply to message #17751] Fri, 16 April 2004 16:38 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Possibly a unclean shutdown of MySQL deamon while a write query was being processed on the table in question.

As far as number incrementing that is something MySQL decides on rather then the forum. The id fields are automatically incremented by MySQL.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: IP address.
Next Topic: Non-Public forums and notifications
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 23:12:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04472 seconds