FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Avatar, post count and tagline persistence
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Avatar, post count and tagline persistence [message #17799] Mon, 19 April 2004 17:20 Go to next message
Anonymous   United States
I'm part of a team that is considering FUDforum as a replacement base for our wwwthreads-based forum. In our current implementation, the profile information at the time a post is made is stored along with each post. I have found that it provides a sense of history and is fun to be able to go back and see the old posts which still have the profile information from the time they were made.

FUDforum shows only the current profile information (avatars, taglines, post counts) on all of a user's posts.

I don't find anything in searching the support forum that would indicate this has ever been considered for FUD; apologies if I missed that you have already explained somewhere why you don't do this. Is it considered too frivolous for the amount of space it would take up in the post table?
Re: Avatar, post count and tagline persistence [message #17800 is a reply to message #17799] Mon, 19 April 2004 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Oops, I thought I was logged in. Post above is mine. Thanks.
Re: Avatar, post count and tagline persistence [message #17801 is a reply to message #17800] Mon, 19 April 2004 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It's a waste of space, displays potentially inaccurate information if it has changed and does not reflect the user's current settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Avatar, post count and tagline persistence [message #17821 is a reply to message #17801] Mon, 19 April 2004 21:17 Go to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Quote:

...displays potentially inaccurate information if it has changed and does not reflect the user's current settings.

Right, it would reflect the settings that were current at the time the post was made. I'm pretty sure I don't care about the "accuracy" of avatars or taglines. And to me it is more interesting to know how many posts someone had made when they made a post I am looking at, rather than how many posts they have now.

Anyway, I will go ahead and put that item on the "to do" list for our own possible modifications to the FUD code. Thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: template and stylesheet cross reference
Next Topic: admin control panel - finding users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 15:17:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02210 seconds