FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » PHP to PDF
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
PHP to PDF [message #178701] Thu, 19 July 2012 17:42 Go to next message
cresh is currently offline  cresh
I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL query to a PDF file.

Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much.

You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot com
Re: PHP to PDF [message #178702 is a reply to message #178701] Thu, 19 July 2012 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sandman is currently offline  Sandman
In article <d33d5e52-91d6-4aa6-b159-92ebe60b685e(at)googlegroups(dot)com>,
cresh <davebowlin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using
> PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use
> PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no
> problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL
> query to a PDF file.
>
> Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd
> appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much.
>
> You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot
> com

I once did this using Latex, and then a latex to PDF converter.

--
Sandman[.net]
Re: PHP to PDF [message #178703 is a reply to message #178701] Thu, 19 July 2012 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Natural Philosoph is currently offline  The Natural Philosoph
cresh wrote:
> I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL query to a PDF file.
>
> Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much.
>
> You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot com

I don't convert HTML pages at all. I generate pages using the PDFlite
library which is limited but free.

That enables me to setup a page, place text and images on it and output
PDFS.

--
To people who know nothing, anything is possible.
To people who know too much, it is a sad fact
that they know how little is really possible -
and how hard it is to achieve it.
Re: PHP to PDF [message #178704 is a reply to message #178701] Fri, 20 July 2012 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goran is currently offline  Goran
On 19.7.2012 19:42, cresh wrote:
> I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL query to a PDF file.
>
> Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much.
>
> You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot com

Check tcpdf library, it is very mature and feature rich...
Re: PHP to PDF [message #178705 is a reply to message #178704] Fri, 20 July 2012 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r.mariotti is currently offline  r.mariotti
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:08:44 +0200, Goran <goran(at)nospam(dot)com> wrote:

> On 19.7.2012 19:42, cresh wrote:
>> I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL query to a PDF file.
>>
>> Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much.
>>
>> You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot com
>
> Check tcpdf library, it is very mature and feature rich...

You might want to review the FPDF.org site and look at how their model
works. I've used it for several projects and once set up and working
producing similar reports was a real breeze.

Worth a look and good luck.
Re: PHP to PDF [message #178735 is a reply to message #178705] Wed, 25 July 2012 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cresh is currently offline  cresh
On Friday, July 20, 2012 3:24:08 PM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:08:44 +0200, Goran &lt;goran(at)nospam(dot)com&gt; wrote:
>
> &gt;On 19.7.2012 19:42, cresh wrote:
> &gt;&gt; I realize there&#39;s many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL query to a PDF file.
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I&#39;d appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much.
> &gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt; You&#39;re welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot com
> &gt;
> &gt;Check tcpdf library, it is very mature and feature rich...
>
>
> You might want to review the FPDF.org site and look at how their model
> works. I&#39;ve used it for several projects and once set up and working
> producing similar reports was a real breeze.
>
> Worth a look and good luck.

Thank you very much. This seems to be the ticket. I appreciate all the suggestions.
Re: PHP to PDF [message #178736 is a reply to message #178705] Thu, 26 July 2012 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goran is currently offline  Goran
On 20.7.2012 22:24, r(dot)mariotti(at)fdcx(dot)net wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:08:44 +0200, Goran <goran(at)nospam(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> On 19.7.2012 19:42, cresh wrote:
>>> I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL query to a PDF file.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much.
>>>
>>> You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot com
>>
>> Check tcpdf library, it is very mature and feature rich...
>
>
> You might want to review the FPDF.org site and look at how their model
> works. I've used it for several projects and once set up and working
> producing similar reports was a real breeze.
>
> Worth a look and good luck.

FYI development of FPDF stalled long time ago while TCPDF is still
actively developed. FPDF is not a good choice for long term projects and
had many unfixed problems
Re: PHP to PDF [message #178768 is a reply to message #178736] Tue, 31 July 2012 08:46 Go to previous message
IRC is currently offline  IRC
I also suggest to use TCPDF (third party library for pdf). It is a great library among all I have used.

here is the link http://www.tcpdf.org/examples.php (check expmple)..

Cheers !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Stats comp.lang.php (last 7 days)
Next Topic: strip_tags function
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:43:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02375 seconds