FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Imported messages » comp.lang.php » APC to cache application in full?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: APC to cache application in full? [message #180438 is a reply to message #180433] Thu, 14 February 2013 15:34 Go to previous message
M. Strobel is currently offline  M. Strobel
Am 14.02.2013 11:30, schrieb Viktor Vad:
> I would have the following question:
>
> Is the most recent APC capable to be told to cache the whole application's code upon start of the application? I am not fully aware of the mechanics of APC yet and I wish to find a -if any- way to load generate the full opcode cache of my app and keep it there until, let's say server restart.
>
> I search for a behavior similar to running Rails on Passanger, where the full code is cached upon starting up the server. Is it possible in PHP?
>

Install it, and call apc.php, it will show you. From the docs:

Once the server is running, the apc.php script that is bundled with the extension
should be copied somewhere into the docroot and viewed with a browser as it provides
a detailed analysis of the internal workings of APC. If GD is enabled in PHP, it will
even display some interesting graphs. The first thing to ensure, of course, is that
it is actually caching files. If APC is working, the Cache full count number (on the
left) will display the number of times the cache has reached maximum capacity and has
had to fo............

Did you want to ask what are the experiences with apc?

I have none, I stay away from such complications if at all possible.

/Str.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Connection with Sql server on Windows
Next Topic: There’s a new free innovative PHP shopping cart from Japan called EC-CUBE
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:44:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03803 seconds