FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » forum.css
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
forum.css [message #18264] Sat, 15 May 2004 01:31 Go to next message
Andrew_B is currently offline  Andrew_B   United States
Using FUDforum 2-6-2.

I don't know if this is a bug, or I simply did something wrong. And the symptoms are very confusing. Here's what happened.

I created a new theme and template, both called "Test." They are copies of the default theme and template. Then I copied forum.css to my PCs hard disk and modified some values. I could not upload it again because I was not allowed to overwrite, and I was denied the ability to change permissions. Finally I deleted the web version of forum.css and replaced it. I also noticed that the replacement has the user name as owner, while the other files have "httpd" as owner. Or, at least that's what it looks like to this beginner.

Now, FUDforum is no recognizing this new CSS, even though it set as the default. I tried "rebuild theme." I tried optimize, and this led to error messages like this.

Warning: opendir(/hsphere/local/home/username/sitename.com/f2/include/theme/Test): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/username/sitename.com/f2/adm/admthemes.php on line 170

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /hsphere/local/home/username/sitename.com/f2/adm/admthemes.php on line 172

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /hsphere/local/home/username/sitename.com/f2/adm/admthemes.php on line 172

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /hsphere/local/home/username/sitename.com/f2/adm/admthemes.php on line 173

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /hsphere/local/home/username/sitename.com/f2/adm/admthemes.php on line 178

Finally, if I look in FUDforum's template editor, I don't see the modified version. But if I go to the folder called "Test," I see the modification there.
Re: forum.css [message #18274 is a reply to message #18264] Sat, 15 May 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You modified the compiled file not the source. You should've modified forum.css.tmpl file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: forum.css [message #18290 is a reply to message #18274] Sun, 16 May 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I installed FUDforum into a folder called F2 and also one outside the site path called FUDforum. Neither of these folders or their sub folders have any tmpl files. Where is forum.css.tmpl supposed to be?
Re: forum.css [message #18292 is a reply to message #18290] Sun, 16 May 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
thm/default/tmpl/ is the directory where it can be found.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: forum.css [message #18293 is a reply to message #18292] Sun, 16 May 2004 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>thm/default/tmpl/

In my installation, the thm folder is under the FUDforum folder. The FUDforum folder sits outside the site path, directly under the user folder. The thm folder is completely empty, as is every other folder that FUDforum created inside the FUDforum folder. The only file in the tree is fudforum_archive, which I put in there by hand.

I've also looked through the folder called F2, which is the other folder that belongs for FUDforum. And I even looked in folders that don't belong to FUDforum. I can't find this anywhere.
Re: forum.css [message #18294 is a reply to message #18293] Sun, 16 May 2004 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try using the forum's file manager to browse through the forum directories. Restrictred permission may be causing your ftp client (?) not to display the files & directories.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: forum.css [message #18298 is a reply to message #18294] Sun, 16 May 2004 18:51 Go to previous message
>Try using the forum's file manager

By golly, there are all the files. I had tried before using a utility the host provides called WebShell3. And I had seen "httpd:httpd" next to the folders, which I assumed meant FUDforum owns them. WebShell3 also said I could display hidden files, but I guess those would have to be hidden files I own.

Anyway, I used FUDforum's file manager and changed the read permissions for that folder, and now I can see it with WebShell3 and an FTP client.

Thanks for your help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can't login!
Next Topic: Last registered user screwed up
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:48:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02591 seconds