FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Email to users, is it possible ? (Email to users, is it possible ?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Email to users, is it possible ? [message #183691] Mon, 11 November 2013 17:03 Go to next message
keithwho is currently offline  keithwho   United Kingdom
Hello, I am no PHP expert by far.

May I ask if it is possible to configure FUDfourm 3.0.5RC2 to send emails to users with the contents of messages posted to the forum?

My Forum is setup and running and is under test, but as yet I can not see how to get any post to the forum to be also emailed to the forum users.

www(dot)royalsignals(dot)org(dot)uk/wireless-set-no19-group

Any help would be VERY much appreciated please.

TIA,
Keith Watt RGN (Charge Nurse)
Re: Email to users, is it possible ? [message #183692 is a reply to message #183691] Mon, 11 November 2013 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
If users subscribe to a forum, they will get all messages in their e-mail inbox.
Re: Email to users, is it possible ? [message #183693 is a reply to message #183692] Mon, 11 November 2013 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keithwho is currently offline  keithwho   United Kingdom
I have a subscription to my forum as a member and not as admin and I do not receive any post from the forum when anyone posts a message.
I confirmed this was also the case with all the other members who are helping test the forum before going live and they too do not get email from the forum when anyone posts anything to the forum.

As moderator I get copies of all messages posted to the forum and this is what I would like for the ordinary members, but it is not what happens.
Thanks,
Keith.
Re: Email to users, is it possible ? [message #183887 is a reply to message #183693] Sun, 24 November 2013 17:01 Go to previous message
cpreston is currently offline  cpreston   United States
Is it possible they are getting caught in a spam folder somewhere?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Require login before accessing Forums
Next Topic: Dealing with FudForum in an iFrame
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 22:09:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02539 seconds