FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1850] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:17 Go to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
After I installed the latest version from CVS I couldn't do anything in the forum. The only page that loads is the general settings. When I either try to save the settings or load another page, these errors pop up:

Warning: Failed opening 'core.inc' for inclusion (include_path='') in /var/www/html/forum2_data/include/GLOBALS.php on line 131

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /var/www/html/forum2/adm/admglobal.php on line 22

There seems to be a problem with the creation of GLOBALS.php during install, as some other things seem to be missing as well. For example, both language and locale are empty.
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1851 is a reply to message #1850] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you send me your GLOBALS.php file?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1852 is a reply to message #1851] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I ve updated the files just a few minutes ago to the latest version and experienced the same errors when trying to change settings on the admin controlpanel:
Quote:

Warning: Failed opening 'core.inc' for inclusion (include_path='') in GLOBALS.php on line 131

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /home/ken/www/forum/adm/admglobal.php on line 22

bye Ken
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1853 is a reply to message #1851] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, here goes.
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1854 is a reply to message #1853] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
These ones are also empty and probably causing the error message:
Quote:

$INCLUDE = "";
$WWW_ROOT = "http://XXX.XXXX.XX/XXXX/";
$WWW_ROOT_DISK = "";
$TEMPLATE_DIR = "";

bye
Ken
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1855 is a reply to message #1853] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Uhm 1 question, did the problem occur right after the install, or after you've tried to modify the settings via the admglobal control panel?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1856 is a reply to message #1855] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Tue, 23 April 2002 11:54 PM

Uhm 1 question, did the problem occur right after the install, or after you've tried to modify the settings via the admglobal control panel?

Directly after, I couldn't do a single thing without getting the error. More precisely, I could log in as admin the first time and was presented the global configuration panel. After that nothing worked.
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1857 is a reply to message #1855] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Tracked it down the admglobal code, expect a fix in the next hour or so.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1858 is a reply to message #1855] Tue, 23 April 2002 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
It seems to happen by the time u want to apply modifications. I know because I re-entered all the deleted stuff in the GLOBALS.php and got the same error after applying changes. So somehow the values don't seem to be passed over
bye
Ken
Re: Bug report: problem with GLOBALS.php [message #1861 is a reply to message #1850] Tue, 23 April 2002 21:14 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in latest CVS.

I introduced this bug when I fixed a bug Ken had reported about \' problem... Whooops Razz

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Translation of help pages
Next Topic: New Smilies Code
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 20:24:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02787 seconds