FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Public_html hacked or lost but /FUDforum data and sql ok. How to reinstall?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Public_html hacked or lost but /FUDforum data and sql ok. How to reinstall? [message #185314] Mon, 17 March 2014 22:25 Go to next message
Kermit is currently offline  Kermit   United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been having trouble lately with my /Public_html either being hacked and extra files in it or permission issues but so far the Public_html/forum where the public side of the forum lives has been fine until now.

Atm I've asked my host to check the permissions and any dodgy accesses between when it last worked earlier this eve (I'm in the UK) and approx 30mins ago but I need to plan getting the site up and running again. From what I can tell the mysql db and the non public /FUDforum (which contains cache, errors, files, include, messages etc) are fine so I prefer not to have to go back to a full forum backup which I last took one or two weeks ago.

My question is when reinstalling the forum in order to preserve the latest forum messages do I use upgrade.php or install.php?

Any words of wisdom appreciated Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 17 March 2014 22:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Public_html hacked or lost but /FUDforum data and sql ok. How to reinstall? [message #185432 is a reply to message #185314] Mon, 31 March 2014 05:55 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
You can simply recompile your forum from the ACP.
Recompiling will replace all files in /public_html with newly generated copies.
Please also read instructions on securing your forum on our wiki.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: link back in output to mailing list
Next Topic: Problems After Members Login
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 06:53:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02962 seconds