FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Session Issue (Sessions shared across entire network.)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Session Issue [message #186049] Thu, 05 June 2014 14:37
M. is currently offline  M.
Hello,

I'm having this problem where multiple users who are on a LAN will visit the site and sometimes be already logged in as another user on the same network, or they will log themselves out and instead of logging them out completely it will log their own username out but they will be logged in as a different user on the same network. I think this has something to do with session validation through IP addresses, and since they all share the same external IP the site thinks they are coming from the same machine. I have Multiple Host Login disabled, so that's not the issue.

I don't understand enough about how FUDforum validates session IDs to fix this on my own, so I was hoping that someone on here could explain to me how FUDforum validates session IDs and help me figure out how to stop user sessions from being shared while behind the same router. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.*

*This is probably better suited to the Bug Report forum, but I don't know enough to determine whether this is technically a bug or just an issue of how FUDforum is designed.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 June 2014 17:17]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to Block an Entire Country
Next Topic: mailing list "from" needs to be different than forum "from"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 23:04:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02832 seconds