FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons [message #1928] Thu, 25 April 2002 11:20 Go to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
I changed the language of my test forum to German, just to try out Ken's translation and see if I could learn from it. Then I noticed that all the graphical buttons were still in Swedish. I also tried to change the language to English. Same problem there as well.

I noticed another thing as well about the language selection menu in the administrator panel. You seem to have forgotten to add the polish translation to that menu.
Re: Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons [message #1930 is a reply to message #1928] Thu, 25 April 2002 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Make sure you got the latest version of the files in "adm/" directory, I cannot replicate your bug AND I can see the Polish option just fine.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons [message #1932 is a reply to message #1930] Thu, 25 April 2002 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I updated from CVS a couple of minutes ago and installed from scratch. The buttons now work. Was there a bug in this code earlier or did some strange voodoo magic just happen? Smile

The options for Polish is still missing, though. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get it to appear.
Re: Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons [message #1934 is a reply to message #1932] Thu, 25 April 2002 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Do a cvs diff an you'll see Smile

Changes occur in CVS all the time, I don't keep track of them unless the fix is for a particular bug in which case I let people know which files were affected.

You probably don't see polish becuause you never got a polish directory from CVS...

There is a directory for every language inside the i18n/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons [message #1962 is a reply to message #1934] Fri, 26 April 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Fri, 26 April 2002 12:22 AM

You probably don't see polish becuause you never got a polish directory from CVS...

Aha, that's the problem then. But the option for Polish appeared during installation.
Re: Bug report: changing the language doesn't change the graphic buttons [message #1963 is a reply to message #1962] Fri, 26 April 2002 06:02 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The install script does not read the drive, it has the languages supported hardcoded...

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: bad connection?
Next Topic: CVS Patch
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 10:20:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03281 seconds