FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Patch: Jabber support
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Patch: Jabber support [message #1958] Fri, 26 April 2002 02:51 Go to previous message
mauftarkie   United States

I've been meaning to do this for awhile, and now I have. I was sad to see all those other IM clients, but not my favorite. So here is preliminary Jabber support. Since the Jabber logo is a lightbulb, I was cheap and recycled the no new messages lightbulb. You may or may not want keep that. I'm not very talented artistically, or else I'd draw one myself. The Jabber icon in messages doesn't link to anything as of yet.

I also envision being able to send the person who has a JID a message, much like the ICQ form on the userinfo page. The only one I could find was Al Sutton's Jabber Pager. It appears to be free for anyone to use, but I will write to the author and ask (unless you want to) if we can use it as a service. I have the code that does this, but I have intentionally left it out of the patch until I find out.

Also, I think I corrected a spelling mistake or two. I can't remember now as I was working off of two CVS branches (for a patch that'll come later tonight or tomorrow).

Thanks!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Error deleting user
Next Topic: problem with registration
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-