FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Some suggestions <= plz read!!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Some suggestions <= plz read!! [message #19725] Fri, 27 August 2004 12:14 Go to next message
Anonymous   Malaysia
I found another forum similar to FUFforum in a way or another, although I still like FUDforum more, there're some features that will make FUDforum even greater.

BlackBoard http://blackboard.unclassified.de/

Nice features they implemented lack in FUDforum:
-Robust BB code parser with syntax checking and complete nesting tags support
This prevents corruptly formatted posts for sure. Multiply nested BBCode tags are correctly resolved, each tag closes only its corresponding opening tag, nothing else it finds on the way back.
(I tried it in their forums, works just great, for example: [COLOR=blue]this color should be blue, or red?[/COLOR], notice the closing tag mistake)

-Allow (or preferably REQUIRE) guest to use their own name when posting anonymously.

-Ok, I guess u didn't notice this bug (?). When I posted a topic without an attachment, the topic has no pin [img]http://fudforum.org/forum/theme/default/images/attachment.gif[/img] beside it, now after someone else replied to that topic AND attached a file, the pin should (but still doesnt) appear beside the topic on the listing page.
Re: Some suggestions <= plz read!! [message #19726 is a reply to message #19725] Fri, 27 August 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Malaysia
By the way why is the image tag not working in the previous post? :S

[img]http://fudforum.org/forum/theme/default/images/attachment.gif[/img]
Re: Some suggestions <= plz read!! [message #19727 is a reply to message #19726] Fri, 27 August 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum supports tag nesting too and the reason [img] tag didn't work is because you are logged in as anonymous.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Some suggestions <= plz read!! [message #19734 is a reply to message #19725] Sat, 28 August 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Malaysia
What about the last suggestion? Attachment in any topic should accompanied by a pin image on the topic listing page regardless in which post does the attachment reside in the topic. Thanks.
Re: Some suggestions <= plz read!! [message #19738 is a reply to message #19734] Sat, 28 August 2004 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I am not sure if that's a good idea or not, more feedback is needed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Some suggestions <= plz read!! [message #19789 is a reply to message #19725] Thu, 02 September 2004 08:24 Go to previous message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
It should be an option Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Sure would be nice
Next Topic: Join newsgroup posts
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 00:29:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02508 seconds