FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » just a small bug today
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
just a small bug today [message #1992] Fri, 26 April 2002 21:07 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
just installed the latest CVS state of art and noticed that when using IE6 on win2k (normally I use Mozilla so maybe it's already been there for a while) the browser complains about a java script error in register.php. Maybe this is connected with the fact that after uploading my atavar to the server the preview is not gonna show it. however the approval will work and afterwards the atavar is visible in all postings.
The error message of the IE is rather pointless because it doesn't seem to start counting at the 1st line of the output, nor does it at the beginning of the javascript itself. Probably just a missing brace or semicolon.
bye
Ken
Re: just a small bug today [message #1993 is a reply to message #1992] Fri, 26 April 2002 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you tell if its complaing about lib.js or id the "bug" inside the actual register.php js code

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: just a small bug today [message #1995 is a reply to message #1993] Fri, 26 April 2002 22:36 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Hm.
It was directly complaining about the register.php. But right now I cannot replicate this JS error message anymore. However the atavar problem persists. Here is the summary of what I found out so far

- A user chooses to upload the picture. when pressing preview nothing is shown.

Once the administrator has approved it things run normally.

- If the user chooses to delete the atavar it seems at first to do so. But next time viewing the profile the atavar is there again and doesn't seem to bother going away

I know, it sounds like some permissions are set wrong, but they re not, I ve just checked. The image subdirectories all have 777 even the atavar has 666 and all is owned by the webserver. So it should be able to get deleted.
Strange one indeed. Confused
bye Ken
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: CVS Patch
Next Topic: Problem with installation on Nt 2000 and IIS
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:17:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.09710 seconds