FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Egsclub Message board problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Egsclub Message board problem [message #20849] Sat, 30 October 2004 15:09 Go to next message
plrbear350 is currently offline  plrbear350   United States
Hi Ilia

I'm with evergreen snowmobile club we purchased a message board from you. Ron Zapfe helped me set it up to get it running.We have about 50 members. We just started to use it. We are having a problem with the guys that have AOL as a service. They go through the registration, when they get their e-mail confirmation, they try to click on the link it doesn't bring them back to our web-site to finish the registration. Comcast, Yahoo, And others work the only one we can't get to work is AOL. Why? We called AOL they said it was a message board problem not AOL's. Please give us a fix for the problem,or let me know how to fix it.

Thank you
Pete
Re: Egsclub Message board problem [message #20850 is a reply to message #20849] Sat, 30 October 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
First of all what version of the forum are you running?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Egsclub Message board problem [message #20878 is a reply to message #20850] Mon, 01 November 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Help person

The Fud Forum Is 2.6 or C10 that's what it say's on the bottom of the message board.

If it easier you can call me at 708-207-4601 anytime to help me.
I'm trying to get the problem solved for tuesday so I can help the guy in the club get registered.

Thanx
Pete
Re: Egsclub Message board problem [message #20879 is a reply to message #20878] Mon, 01 November 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Telephone support is provided only to the holders of the premium support contract.

The exact version of the forum can be found at the bottom of every page following the "Powered by: " text. If you are using FUDforum version 2.6.4 or lower the fix for the issue is likely to be as simple as upgrading your forum to a newer release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Egsclub Message board problem [message #20889 is a reply to message #20879] Mon, 01 November 2004 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia

We paid our premium to you.
How do we uprade our forum to a newer release?
If I can do it, let me know how?

Thank you

Pete
Re: Egsclub Message board problem [message #20891 is a reply to message #20889] Mon, 01 November 2004 14:59 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you are holder of a premium support contract you should have a phone number of our support line, which can be reached during 9-5 business hours in EST timezone as well as a 24/7 emergency hotline. When you call please be sure to have your support contract ID handy.

Updating the forum to a newer release is simple, visit our downloads page and grab the upgrade archive. Then decompress the archive and upload the upgrade.php into your forum's main web dir and run it with your browser.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Changing the wording of the Information page when registering
Next Topic: Nested SQL queries?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 22:28:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02240 seconds