FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Moderator can't post in password protected forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moderator can't post in password protected forum [message #20885] Mon, 01 November 2004 09:51 Go to next message
derksj is currently offline  derksj   Spain
Hello

When i have a forum with password protection, and i make someone moderator of that forum then this moderator can't post a message or topic.

Am i doing something wrong?

Greetings Jurgen
Re: Moderator can't post in password protected forum [message #20888 is a reply to message #20885] Mon, 01 November 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Does this moderator know the posting password for the forum and are they using it correctly?

When you password protect posting even moderators are required to input this password when writing new topic, replying to existing topic or even editing a message inside the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Moderator can't post in password protected forum [message #20948 is a reply to message #20888] Thu, 04 November 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When someone else is logged in there is a password field
but when the moderator is logged in
there is no field to fill in the password

Re: Moderator can't post in password protected forum [message #20952 is a reply to message #20948] Thu, 04 November 2004 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS, patch can be found here:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=3105

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Moderator can't post in password protected forum [message #20958 is a reply to message #20952] Fri, 05 November 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe stupid question
but how do i install this file?
do i have to replace the - lines with + lines?
Re: Moderator can't post in password protected forum [message #20962 is a reply to message #20958] Fri, 05 November 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you are unsure about applying patches it is better to wait till the next release.

Otherwise download the complete file (new version) and replace the one you current have. Once that is done rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Moderator can't post in password protected forum [message #20981 is a reply to message #20885] Sat, 06 November 2004 15:07 Go to previous message
Abraxa is currently offline  Abraxa   Germany
Hint: the download of the file Ilia mentioned refers to the CVS - instructions on how to connect to it and how to retrieve files can be found here: http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=547

-Abraxa
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Selected and Unselected mix-up?
Next Topic: Collapsed Forums
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 01:11:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03315 seconds