FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Updated German file
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Updated German file [message #2062] Sun, 28 April 2002 23:35 Go to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
this updated German message file contains tons of fixes. Also I changed the following in line 394 of "forum_rules" in "msg":
 [...]If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.[...]

turns to ->
 [...]If you are 13 or under, please use <a class="GenLink" href="pre_reg.php?coppa=y&{VAR: _RSID}">this</a> registration form.[...]

Makes more sense to me because "this" is meant to offer an alternative in case someone is at the wrong place. This link will lead directly to the COPPA page.
--edit--
deleted the msg file
---
bye
Ken

[Updated on: Mon, 29 April 2002 10:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Updated German file [message #2063 is a reply to message #2062] Mon, 29 April 2002 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Great work Ken, thank you very much Smile

I've just commited the patch to CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Updated German file 2nd attempt [message #2066 is a reply to message #2063] Mon, 29 April 2002 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
There were a few things I originally intended but then forgot to change as well. Also I changed the translation of words with the suffix -form. Reason is, unlike in English the word "form" in German has a very specific meaning, so I have to translate it different in order not to let it sound too weird Wink. Took the chance to sort the lines alphabetically for the sake of a better overview. So there it is
bye Ken
  • Attachment: de_msg.bz2
    (Size: 14.54KB, Downloaded 907 times)
Re: Updated German file [message #2073 is a reply to message #2062] Mon, 29 April 2002 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ken,

I know you'll hate me for this, but could you translate another line I've just added to msg files.

It is an error message that appears in the event users uses more then the allowed # of images inside the signature.

Thanks

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Updated German file [message #2079 is a reply to message #2073] Mon, 29 April 2002 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Quote:

I know you'll hate me for this, but could you translate another line I've just added to msg files.

Why should I when it's a *development* release. Name implies it will be permanently under construction, so it's no prob for me Smile. Will post the modification later on.
bye
Ken

[Updated on: Mon, 29 April 2002 21:24]

Re: Updated German file [message #2081 is a reply to message #2079] Mon, 29 April 2002 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
K, there we go.
Attached are both English and German version. Reason is the following: The newly added message by prottoss contained some typos which made it a bit difficult to understand, so I corrected this Wink further changes are in both files making multiple choice of output always plural (to follow i18n compliance as discussed in another thread) and once again for the sake of a better overview alphabetical sorting of lines. So there it is Wink
bye Ken
    (Size: 14.56KB, Downloaded 927 times)
  • Attachment: en_msg.bz2
    (Size: 12.97KB, Downloaded 914 times)
Re: Updated German file [message #2082 is a reply to message #2081] Mon, 29 April 2002 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Commited to CVS.

Thanks

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Updated German file [message #2085 is a reply to message #2081] Tue, 30 April 2002 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
Would you mind telling me which lines you have changed to plural form? That would make it easier for me to make the changes in the Swedish and Finnish files. Thanks!
Re: Updated German file [message #2088 is a reply to message #2085] Tue, 30 April 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
Oh sorry, I don't know them by heart but thats not the problem. If ur editor supports regular expressions u can type the following as searchstring (that's the way I did it)
\([a-z]{1,3}\)
this should find each of them. In case ur editor doesn't support regexp for searching let me know I'll fetch ur language file then and tell u each line.
bye
Ken
Re: Updated German file [message #2106 is a reply to message #2088] Tue, 30 April 2002 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good idea, I just didn't think of it. Stupid me... Embarassed
Re: Updated German file [message #2107 is a reply to message #2088] Tue, 30 April 2002 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
K, after being interrupted by a longer phonecall here's finally my yet again bugfixed German messages file.
bye Ken

[Updated on: Wed, 01 May 2002 02:35]

Re: Updated German file [message #2120 is a reply to message #2107] Wed, 01 May 2002 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks Ken, commited to CVS.

P.S. Your translation still has 2 very short string left untranslated.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Updated German file [message #2123 is a reply to message #2120] Wed, 01 May 2002 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hm, really? Could u pls tell me which ones? Else I would overlook them again Sad. Thnx anyway for reminding me
byw Ken
Re: Updated German file [message #2124 is a reply to message #2123] Wed, 01 May 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
They are at the very bottom of the file:

pmsg_next_msg: Next message
pmsg_prev_msg: Previous message

They were added yesterday to CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Updated German file [message #2125 is a reply to message #2124] Wed, 01 May 2002 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi, actually there weren't included to my German msg file, that's why they weren't translated Smile. But now they are and checking revealed that it's even working as expected. So there it is.
Ok now I'll go to bed as it's 4:37 am CEST already
bye
Ken
    (Size: 14.55KB, Downloaded 805 times)
Re: Updated German file [message #2128 is a reply to message #2088] Wed, 01 May 2002 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried using the regexp search you described, but it didn't work as expected. I'm a complete novice in emacs, started using it a couple of days ago. Would you mind walking through the process with me?

I have tried different ways of writing the search but it always fails with a "Search failed". Should I write it exactly as you wrote it in your message?
Re: Updated German file [message #2131 is a reply to message #2128] Wed, 01 May 2002 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I am totaly inept with any unix editor other then joe. So I use, sed & perl to do my dirty work for me Razz

The code Ken suggeted can be implemented with 1 perl line such as:

perl -p -i -e 's/\(([a-z]{1,3})\)/\1/g' file_name

The file_name will be modified, the affect is that:

Moderator(er)

becomes

Moderatorer

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Updated German file [message #2135 is a reply to message #2131] Wed, 01 May 2002 17:01 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Why bothering with emacs or its x-implementation? Wink I personally use jEdit a platform independent java based editor with superior syntax highlighting which can be extended by plug-ins. Supports more than 80 different languages by default and has many options for costumizing. When using the search, u can select that the pattern should be interpreted as regular expression and then use it for finding plural forms (or anything else u need to find). Honestly I have no idea how emacs handles regexps, so I'm afraid I can't help u with that.
bye Ken
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Bug: File manager and deleting directories
Next Topic: small bug with buddylist
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 00:32:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07395 seconds