FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Posting takes a long time (or is it hanging?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  Posting takes a long time (or is it hanging?) [message #2143] Wed, 01 May 2002 23:29 Go to next message
liembo is currently offline  liembo   United States

Just installed 1.2.7 on Linux, Mysql 3.23.49

Works great except when posting, it takes forever to post, the browser status indicator just spins. I log in with another browser and check if the message is posted and its not. If I click the browser "stop" button, then resubmit the "post" button, I get the warning dialog that its already in progress. I verify with the other browser window and the post has showed up (but the browser window where I posted from continues to spin indefinately).

I'm not exactly sure why this is. All other features of the forums are working just fine.

Re: Posting takes a long time (or is it hanging?) [message #2144 is a reply to message #2143] Wed, 01 May 2002 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It looks like it might a browser issue? Perhaps Javascript?

I'm getting the same behavior on fud.prohost.org

I'm using Mozilla 0.9.7.

- liem
Re: Posting takes a long time (or is it hanging?) [message #2145 is a reply to message #2144] Wed, 01 May 2002 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I've used the forum with Mozilla 0.9.5+ (currently 1.0RC1) IE, Konqueror, Opera 5 & 6 and can honestly tell you I've never had such a problem.

I think it could be a browser issue...

See if you can replicate this in any other browser.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Posting takes a long time (or is it hanging?) [message #2149 is a reply to message #2145] Thu, 02 May 2002 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
What u describe seems to be this mozilla bug. The browser executes a POST operation twice if the server has a certain configuration. Hence u will get an error under certain circumstances. U can read a detailed description in bugzilla (above link). But this is absolutely not FUD related. Upgrade to the latest nightly builds of Mozilla and u re no longer affected by it.
bye
Ken
Re: Posting takes a long time (or is it hanging?) [message #2152 is a reply to message #2143] Thu, 02 May 2002 21:59 Go to previous message

I am happy to announce that Mozilla 1.0 RC1 solved this problem. Thanks so much for your assistance.

Great, solid product.
- liem
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Moved Thread Pointer Expiry does not work
Next Topic: Post Icon Only Works On New Thread?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:28:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02258 seconds