FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode?  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2102] Tue, 30 April 2002 20:01 Go to next message
DocObvious is currently offline  DocObvious   United States
How difficult would it be to add "spoiler" tag support to the FUDCode tag set? I've been to several messageboards where spoiler tags can be used to change the color of the text between them to the same color as the background of the table cell it's in. If a user highlights the text between the spoiler tags, it becomes readable but those who wish to avoid reading things they shouldn't (the ending of a movie, etc., hence the term "spoiler") can remain blissfully ignorant.

The tags typed by the user would be [spoiler] and [/spoiler]. An example output would look something like this:

[SPOILER]The spoiler tags show around this text, which would be hidden.[/SPOILER]

I've tried a couple of hacks but had no success, mainly because my styles for tableRowA and tableRowB are two different background colors.
Re: Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2134 is a reply to message #2102] Wed, 01 May 2002 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Good idea, I like it, I'll implement that tag in 1.9.8 (2.0 Alpha)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2136 is a reply to message #2102] Wed, 01 May 2002 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there any chance I might be lucky enough to get a version that works with 1.2.7??? I just installed that version of FUD at http://www.docscafe.net/cafe_forums/ and it's getting good reviews from my users so I'm not inclined to upgrade anything just yet.
Re: Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2137 is a reply to message #2136] Wed, 01 May 2002 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No promises, but I'll take a look at the code.

The FUDcode parser has changed quite a bit since 1.2X forum so it is not very easy to do...

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2146 is a reply to message #2137] Thu, 02 May 2002 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hackie is currently offline  hackie   Canada
Core Developer

prottoss wrote on Wed, 01 May 2002 3:43 PM

No promises, but I'll take a look at the code.

The FUDcode parser has changed quite a bit since 1.2X forum so it is not very easy to do...

Indeed, but on your suggestion this tag has been actually added to FUDForum 2 CVS.... So, it will be available in the next fud2 beta release...

Here is how it looks like on one of the beta tester's forums:

http://www.mediaminer.org/forum/msg.php?th=2604&rid=2

cc intelligence.c -o intelligence
$ ./intelligence
Segmentation fault
Re: Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2168 is a reply to message #2102] Fri, 03 May 2002 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Tag was added in 1.2.8 Stable so upgrade to that version if you wish to use the tag.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Addition of SPOILER tags to FUDCode? [message #2202 is a reply to message #2102] Sun, 05 May 2002 13:32 Go to previous message
Thank you very much. As always, you folks are incredibly responsive to your users' requests. by the way, the users at my site are giving thumbs up to the fact that your version of spoiler tags allows images to be hidden as well as text. They also think clicking a link is easier than higlighting text to make it visible.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 May 2002 00:36]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Navigation suggestion
Next Topic: Admin Layout
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:45:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02947 seconds