FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Permissions problem when messages/msg_1 was created
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Permissions problem when messages/msg_1 was created [message #21661] Wed, 08 December 2004 20:50 Go to next message
arakune is currently offline  arakune   Canada
I'm afraid I don't have the actual error report any longer; I fixed the problem, and then realized that I should have kept a copy of it Sad

I am using the latest development release (RC2), and have set up ML integration. The very first post to the forum was made through the ML (I'm not sure if this is relevant), rather than through FUDforum. When the maillist.php script archived the message, and created ~FUDforum/messages/msg_1, msg_1 was created with incorrect permissions - 700 (with my user account as the owner). As such, FUDforum was unable to actually read the contents of the message. Various permissions errors were printed to the screen.

Once I manually changed the permissions on that file, everything worked fine. However, I presume that at some point, a msg_2 etc. will be created, and the same problem will occur.
Re: Permissions problem when messages/msg_1 was created [message #21664 is a reply to message #21661] Wed, 08 December 2004 21:22 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The error occured because you didn't unlock the forum, had it been unlocked the file permissions of the file would've been 666.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Small HTML bug in 2.6.9RC2
Next Topic: newsgroups error splitting content?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 01:06:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02920 seconds