FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » how to download newsgroups for first time
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
how to download newsgroups for first time [message #21691] Fri, 10 December 2004 19:29 Go to previous message
josemv is currently offline  josemv   Spain
Maybe I posted this topic on the wrong forum?

Hello,

I did setup FUDforum with newsgroups. For testing purposes I downloaded news from a couple of news groups, but looks like the threads are merged, could be because has been running different processes at the same time? I did manually from the command line and at the same time it is possible that processes could be started for the cron jobs. Finally I aborted the operation because after 5 hours are more than 30.000 messages pending, on that time the system downloaded around 20.000 messages.

Have some questions:
- what is the best way to remove all threads and users? If have to remove from tables what they are?
- what is the best way to populate tables for the first time from the newsgroups?
- could run more than one process at the same time? to download news from different newsgroups I mean.

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2004 19:30]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: newsgroups error splitting content?
Next Topic: users are unable to register with the forum, SQL error, fresh install
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 05:48:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05989 seconds