FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » persistent error in post.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
persistent error in post.php [message #20611] Wed, 20 October 2004 23:28 Go to next message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
This error appeared by itself (may be admin changed some server soft versions?..) a certain time ago.

I waited to make new templates before upgrading, but no time for this and the error is bugging people every time, so I upgraded.

2.5.3RC1 -> 2.6.7

The error remains

γΙΤΑΤΑ:

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in .../forum/theme/default/post.php on line 2148

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in .../forum/theme/default/post.php on line 2134

And as a result after "post" button pressed one more line is added

γΙΤΑΤΑ:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../forum/theme/default/post.php:2148) in .../forum/theme/default/post.php on line 4030

The messages are posted in fact OK but the page after posting doesn't show up and in general this error is scaring people off.

What might be the problem and what should I do to get rid of it, please?

Lady of Avalon

[Updated on: Wed, 20 October 2004 23:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: persistent error in post.php [message #20612 is a reply to message #20611] Thu, 21 October 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Send me the post.php file so that I can take a look at the compiled source file that is causing the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: persistent error in post.php [message #20621 is a reply to message #20612] Thu, 21 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem seems to be a certain value inside your e-mail filter. What e-mail addresses do you have blocked?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: persistent error in post.php [message #20630 is a reply to message #20621] Thu, 21 October 2004 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
One and only -
*@globalshow.ru
I shouldn't have done that, a wrong regexp?...
now I remember I have a problem also with login page, it seems, because I have login block also for regexp *Global*Show

Damn, with all web-design skill and above average IQ, I feel dumb every time I try to understand those regexps, when everything seems simple and then it doesn't work and even looking into manual I never understand what did I do wrong... Crying or Very Sad

Well thanks a lot. I deleted those filters and got my forum working back normal...

Lady of Avalon
Re: persistent error in post.php [message #21885 is a reply to message #20630] Sat, 25 December 2004 06:13 Go to previous message
phpistasty is currently offline  phpistasty   United States
look at your regex, there is something saying a certain amount or something at 0 , make sure you have /(regex here)/(modifier) as your regular expression, with preg you have to have the / , i had a similar problem because i had \${1} and for some reason it didn't like that.. i'm still not sure on where it doesn't fulfill posix rules, but i know the error comes from an amount requirement at that position etc.. ..

hope it helps

, the way i fixed mine was to take \${1} and put it as [\$]{1} , its a bit ghetto , but it works

smldb:200k+

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 06:15]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Disabling PDF of whole forum doesn't disable
Next Topic: FUD and Firefox - wrong wiev
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 00:45:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06105 seconds