FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Controlling user access externally
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Controlling user access externally [message #22516 is a reply to message #22514] Sat, 05 February 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
krbvroc1 is currently offline  krbvroc1   United States
Thank you for your reply. I found another solution for my needs and I thought I'd share it.

After studying the code, I determined that I could use the New Account Moderation feature for this. I set it up so that all new users are set as moderated. This is also referred to as the 'Approved/Unapproved' flag. I wrote a php script that toggles this bit in the users_opt (2097152). On my default setup, if a user is unapproved they are treated like an anoymous user. They can login and read, but they cannot post. I modified the 'Unapproved' text (login_unapproved_account_ttl, login_unapproved_account_msg) to explain this to the user. This is exactly what I wanted.

In order to create a user, I had to modify (in a backwards compatible way) the add_user and sync_user methods. I wanted a way to pass already md5 encrpyted passwords during user creation.

I then changed usercp template. I modified removed the 'required' information and referred the user to an external site. I think I had to remove code which looked for the user to enter a password to confirm their profile update - no need for that. The profile update now controls all forum related options, but not the 'required' fields.

As far as the FUDAPI some other posts said that it included add user and remove user - that is not true.

As far as the group members, I think I was confused because despite several thousand members, there are only 23 rows in that table. Do they just cover the per group anonymous/registered unless you start adding users?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Notice: Undefined index
Next Topic: Question regarding email support
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 00:26:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03633 seconds