FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Time question
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Time question [message #2212] Mon, 06 May 2002 04:17 Go to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
the time shows as follows: your last visit was on Mon, 06 May G 01:54

It once was correct

Version: Powered by: FUDforum 1.9.8-Alpha-RC4

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Time question [message #2215 is a reply to message #2212] Mon, 06 May 2002 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
it seems that there is something missing in one of ur templates.
U should take a look at ur msg file (hidden directory -> templates -> i18n -> english -> msg) and look for the following string:
welcome_message:		Welcome <b>{VAR: user_login}</b>, your last visit was on {DATE: last_login %a, %d %B %G %H:%M}
I suspect the "%" is missing in the string.
HTH
bye Ken

[Updated on: Mon, 06 May 2002 09:47]

Report message to a moderator

icon4.gif  Re: Time question [message #2222 is a reply to message #2215] Mon, 06 May 2002 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the response

here is that section and it appears correct
welcome_message: Welcome <b>{VAR: user_login}</b>, your last visit was on {DATE: last_login %a, %d %B %G %H:%M}

But it is not just that place where the year appears as just the "G" - all of the dates appear that way.

And they used to be correct....and I haven't changed anything except the css file...and the server time settings in global settings ( i've tried a few different server time settings and all give me the "G" for the year )

I just installed FUD yesterday afternoon and all worked fine, even the year.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Time question [message #2226 is a reply to message #2222] Mon, 06 May 2002 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Very unusual, could you please tell which version of PHP you are running.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon10.gif  Re: Time question [message #2227 is a reply to message #2226] Mon, 06 May 2002 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Version: Powered by: FUDforum 1.9.8-Alpha-RC4

I want to get this fixed because this is exactly the forum software that I was looking for:

PHP, mysql, with the threaded/flat view, AND the look and feel of vBulletin/YABB SE/wwwthreads/dcforum etc

Gene
Re: Time question [message #2235 is a reply to message #2227] Mon, 06 May 2002 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I was actually refering to the version of your PHP.
You can find it out by going to the "System Info" admin panel.

Also could you please tell me what did you change your date settings to in the admin control panel.

Thanks.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time question [message #2240 is a reply to message #2235] Mon, 06 May 2002 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PHP Version 4.0.6

System BSD/OS 4.2 BSDI BSD/OS 4.2 Kernel #0: Wed Oct 25 17:38:20 MDT 2000 polk(at)hephaestus(dot)BSDI(dot)COM:/mnt/proto/4.2-i386/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC i386

Build Date Jun 23 2001

Configure Command 'configure' '--with-mysql' '--with-apache=../apache_1.3.20' '--enable-track-vars'

Server API Apache

Virtual Directory Support disabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib

ZEND_DEBUG disabled

Thread Safety disabled

Gene
Re: Time question [message #2244 is a reply to message #2240] Mon, 06 May 2002 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please try to following code:

<?php
echo "Normal Date: ".date("Y")."<br>\n";
echo "LOCALE Date: ".strftime("%G")."<br>\n";

echo "<br>\nWith changed TZ<br>\n";

putenv("TZ=America/Catamarca");

echo "Normal Date: ".date("Y")."<br>\n";
echo "LOCALE Date: ".strftime("%G")."<br>\n";

?>

I suspect the problem occured because BSDI doesn't support certain timezones listed in the forum and when you changed your timezone to that one the year got messed up. I will try to see if I can find the list of timezones supported by BSDI.

If you can, could you do execute "ls -lia /usr/share/zoneinfo" and send me the output.

Thanks.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon12.gif  Re: Time question [message #2257 is a reply to message #2244] Mon, 06 May 2002 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here tis

still cannot access site....

will re-install in a few hours...have other work to do...
  • Attachment: list.doc
    (Size: 4.00KB, Downloaded 905 times)

Gene
Re: Time question [message #2277 is a reply to message #2257] Tue, 07 May 2002 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Finally tracked down the time problem. Apparently some C libraries do not support the %G option for the strftime function, which formats time according to locale settings. To avoid this problem I changed %G to %Y, which should solve the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time question [message #2305 is a reply to message #2277] Tue, 07 May 2002 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds great!!!

what file(s) do I modify?

Gene
Re: Time question [message #2309 is a reply to message #2305] Tue, 07 May 2002 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie... since A LOT of files are affected the best way to fix the problem is to follow those 3 steps:

1) Go to the forum's data directory
2) run perl -p -i -e 's/%G/%Y/g' template/tmpl/*.tmpl template/src/*.t template/i18n/english/msg
3) "Rebuild Templates" using the admin control panel

The 1.9.8 forum that will come out today will already have this fix in it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time question [message #2312 is a reply to message #2309] Tue, 07 May 2002 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worked like a charm...Thanks!!!!

Gene
Re: Time question [message #2313 is a reply to message #2312] Tue, 07 May 2002 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Great Smile

Apparently strftime() function although supported by all C libraries has some flags that are only supported by recent C libraries. One of the "unsupported" flags was "%G" which appears not to work on old libc and we've also used "%T" in 2 places. %T works on all unices but not on Windows, I've fixed this oversight last night after reading strftime() docs more closely.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Time question [message #2314 is a reply to message #2313] Tue, 07 May 2002 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about the extra work you had to do but I'm sure you learned something and that will make this an even better product!!!

Gene
Re: Time question [message #2317 is a reply to message #2314] Tue, 07 May 2002 17:22 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
esm2002 wrote on Tue, 07 May 2002 1:07 PM

sorry about the extra work you had to do but I'm sure you learned something and that will make this an even better product!!!

Definately, it is a good thing you've come across this bug and even a better thing another person had come across it in another OS. It certainly was a very hard to track down bug. But in the end it worth finding out about Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum 2 (1.9.8 BETA) Released
Next Topic: Groups/Ranks/Users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:45:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02638 seconds