FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Content Management Systems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Content Management Systems [message #6066] Tue, 01 October 2002 17:51 Go to next message
sakshale is currently offline  sakshale   United States
Has anyone had experience with integrating FUDforum with a site built with a content management system, such as Nuke, Postnuke, PHPWebsite, Midgard, etc.... Many of them have their own forum software, but not all, and none are full featured like FUDforum.

Trying to maintain the same look and feel across the entire site is a nice thing.... Smile

Sakshale
Re: Content Management Systems [message #6067 is a reply to message #6066] Tue, 01 October 2002 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Not to my knowledge.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Content Management Systems [message #6084 is a reply to message #6066] Tue, 01 October 2002 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
sakshale wrote on Tue, 01 October 2002 19:51

Has anyone had experience with integrating FUDforum with a site built with a content management system, such as Nuke, Postnuke, PHPWebsite, Midgard, etc.... Many of them have their own forum software, but not all, and none are full featured like FUDforum.

Running a forum inside a CMS has no great advantages at all. It just gets squelched into a small frame and topics become unreadable. Besides I don't like this "one login for all" idea behind it. Maintaining the forum always will affect ur nuke site as well and upgrading can become a pain in the a.. bottom Smile. Best bet is to keep those two things seperate and modify the forum's looks that it would match to the rest of ur site. Just my opinion based on personal experiences with such systems, doesn't have to be valid for the rest of the world Smile
bye
Ken
Re: Content Management Systems [message #6087 is a reply to message #6084] Tue, 01 October 2002 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, it is not all bad. IMHO the idea of a common user account system has some merit, however a forum is too much of an indepedant app to integrate into something complex as a CMS.
In fact I believe that CMSs that do have forums in them force the forums to be rather limited in their functionality to avoid stepping on the toes of the CMS itself.
Then again keep in mind that I am of VERY low opinion of 2 most commonly used PHP based CMS's PHPNuke and PostNuke.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Content Management Systems [message #6089 is a reply to message #6087] Tue, 01 October 2002 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
prottoss wrote on Tue, 01 October 2002 22:44

Then again keep in mind that I am of VERY low opinion of 2 most commonly used PHP based CMS's PHPNuke and PostNuke.
Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree to that. They ve been a good source of annoying bugs and what is worse, they hardly let u any freedom of customizing both look and functionality. u can't even have several menu levels. There are only very few open source systems which satisfy those needs, and the two mentioned are certainly not among them.
bye
Ken
Re: Content Management Systems [message #8207 is a reply to message #6089] Fri, 17 January 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECXStar is currently offline  ECXStar   United States
Ok, I hate to hash this again and yes, I'm of the same opinion about the nukes. How difficult or hard would it be to integrate FUD with say XOOPS?

I'm on the core team and have been actively looking for a new forum for a while and FUD stands out. Ours is based on a HIGHLY modified phpbb core.
Re: Content Management Systems [message #8216 is a reply to message #8207] Fri, 17 January 2003 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm, to be honest I am not familiar with XOOPS, so I cannot tell how difficult that would be done. I do think it should be possible to do without great difficulty, but I'll require some work.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Content Management Systems [message #8218 is a reply to message #8216] Fri, 17 January 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECXStar is currently offline  ECXStar   United States
Thanks.. We just release our 2.0 product which is heavy on OO. I've been trynig to find a good OO based forum to replace ours but, no avail which is why I'm looking at FUD, perfect balance of features and usability.
Re: Content Management Systems [message #23153 is a reply to message #6066] Sun, 06 March 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
Bringing this thread from the deads.
I hope to work this week about a hack between xaraya and fud.
What i want to do is to log to xaraya with fud tables. Xaraya will use users table of fud to log into xaraya.
Xaraya team has do the job with phpbb and ipb (+ ldap, email, url and self auth sytem), why not fud? Rolling Eyes

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 07:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Content Management Systems [message #23262 is a reply to message #6066] Thu, 10 March 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wrote some dirty module for xaraya (http://www.xaraya.com/).
It works, you can login to xaraya using FUDforum users table. After logging your login is added to the xaraya users table in the group you choose.
The only one thing i have a problem is checking if the Fudforum user is banned or not.
I hope to find a clean solution sooner.
I can post it here if someone wants to play with it.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
Re: Content Management Systems [message #23337 is a reply to message #6066] Sun, 13 March 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LastQuark   United States
Great job. I tried your solution in the Xaraya boards and it works just like the phpBB version.

The only thing missing, as far as I can tell, for a seamless integration is single login to both Xaraya and FUDforum.

I am hoping to get some help by creating another thread for this.

Re : Re: Content Management Systems [message #23351 is a reply to message #23337] Sun, 13 March 2005 18:15 Go to previous message
LastQuark a écrit le dim, 13 mars 2005 04:36

Great job. I tried your solution in the Xaraya boards and it works just like the phpBB version.

The only thing missing, as far as I can tell, for a seamless integration is single login to both Xaraya and FUDforum.

I am hoping to get some help by creating another thread for this.

Perhaps a cookie or a session problem.
I don't know "howto" and my php skills are too weak to resolve this.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Matt Bianco Anyone?
Next Topic: Just wanted to say
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 05:13:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02461 seconds