FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Email notification language
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Email notification language [message #23463] Thu, 17 March 2005 18:23 Go to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
Has anyone else noticed that email notifications for new posts to topics are sent in the default language of the poster? For example, if the last person to post to a thread uses French as their default language then the email will be sent to all subscribed users in French.
Re : Email notification language [message #23465 is a reply to message #23463] Thu, 17 March 2005 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
JamesS a écrit le jeu, 17 mars 2005 19:23

Has anyone else noticed that email notifications for new posts to topics are sent in the default language of the poster? For example, if the last person to post to a thread uses French as their default language then the email will be sent to all subscribed users in French.

You're talking about me? Rolling Eyes Very Happy

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
Re: Email notification language [message #23466 is a reply to message #23463] Thu, 17 March 2005 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, your last post to the thread about the CMS login is what prompted me to make this thread. However, it has been a problem for a while and I finally decided to bring it to attention.
Re: Email notification language [message #23467 is a reply to message #23466] Thu, 17 March 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is a known issue, discussed many times in the archives.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email notification language [message #23468 is a reply to message #23463] Thu, 17 March 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have never seen it discussed.
Re: Email notification language [message #23469 is a reply to message #23463] Thu, 17 March 2005 21:33 Go to previous message
Here is a link to a previous discussion for anyone else that is interested: http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=22922&#msg_22922
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Time to up grade
Next Topic: SQ URL parameter uses "?" after other parameters when logging in to view a private message
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 23:35:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02954 seconds