FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » maillist <-> forum integration not working like i want
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
maillist <-> forum integration not working like i want [message #23494] Fri, 18 March 2005 17:58 Go to previous message
cpoetzel is currently offline  cpoetzel   United States
I have turned on the mailing list to forum syncing capabilies on 5 of my forums.
For the most part this works as expected. When an email gets sent to the email list it appears on the associated forum. if someone posts on the forum it will get sent out to the email list.

however, there are times when the forum does not post a reply to a message in the right topic.

if i send a new email to the emaillist titled NEW-TOPIC-TEST, a new topic will appear called NEW-TOPIC-TEST. If i reply to this email, it will put the response under the topic of NEW-TOPIC-TEST with the title of RE: NEW-TOPIC-TEST.

now if i reply to the the reply in email, it does not post it under the NEW-TOPIC-TEST topic. it instead creates a new topic with the title of RE:NEW-TOPIC-TEST.

i guess what i'm asking is:

1. Has anyone seen anything like this?
2. How exaclty does the fudforum determine where to place an an email post that it gets via maillist.php

i don't see any errors in the errors directory that pertain to this.

thanks for any hints.

chris poetzel
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Why store message body a textfile?
Next Topic: Forum cannot display connected users properly
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 09:20:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05062 seconds