FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Forum cannot display connected users properly
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum cannot display connected users properly [message #23515] Sat, 19 March 2005 05:21 Go to next message
Mathieu is currently offline  Mathieu   France
I had problems with the system time, but while trying to correct it, the date went back to 1901, and then was set to Saturday 3 June 2006, before I was able to reset it properly.

Now, the users connected to the forum while the date was 2006 still appear, and the users who are really connected don't appear anymore. Is there something I can do about it? A message was also posted while in 2006, which remains of course the last message.
Re: Forum cannot display connected users properly [message #23518 is a reply to message #23515] Sat, 19 March 2005 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Adsjust the timestamps values that are greater then current time.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum cannot display connected users properly [message #23524 is a reply to message #23518] Sat, 19 March 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mathieu is currently offline  Mathieu   France
Well, I cleared the Action log and it seemed to solve part of the problem: the forum seems to display the connected users properly.

But, the time displayed by the forum for guests is different (it's the correct time minus 6 hours) from the time displayed for connected users, which is OK.

By the way, adjusting the timestamps values is a good idea, but I wonder how it is calculated.
Re: Forum cannot display connected users properly [message #23525 is a reply to message #23524] Sun, 20 March 2005 00:03 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Timestamps are # of seconds since the epoch (Jan 1st, 1970). So if current timestamp (calculated by time() function in PHP) is less then date in the database by more then 1/2 day, it means you have a future date.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: maillist <-> forum integration not working like i want
Next Topic: Mutlivoting
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 01:52:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10107 seconds