FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Difficulty with Javascript
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Difficulty with Javascript [message #23596] Wed, 23 March 2005 20:36 Go to next message
dgsiii is currently offline  dgsiii   United States

I'm having trouble with Javascript in FUDforum. Our network admin and general linux guru is out on maternity leave and incognito, so it's up to me, the hardware guy, to get this figured out. So far I'm not having much luck!

I've been asked to determine why the "move post" function isn't working, and after a closer look, it appears that none of the javascript functions are working. Also, and I suspect this is related, sometimes this message appears below a post:

javascript:%20insertTag(document.post_form.msg_body,%20'',%2 0'%20:p%20')

Is anyone able to lend a hand?
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23599 is a reply to message #23596] Wed, 23 March 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What version of the forum are you running?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23602 is a reply to message #23596] Wed, 23 March 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The forum is version 2.6.5
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23604 is a reply to message #23602] Wed, 23 March 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can try upgrading your forum. Those %20 (encoded spaces) seem clearly out of place.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23605 is a reply to message #23596] Thu, 24 March 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I upgraded the forum, which was remarkably painless-- thanks for that! I am now able to move messages, since that is no longer a javascript widget. I'm still not having any luck with js stuff though, such as the "list all smilies" link or the WYSIWIG style editor buttons.
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23609 is a reply to message #23605] Thu, 24 March 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What browser are you using and what error are you seeing?

Also, are you seeing the same problem on this forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23610 is a reply to message #23596] Thu, 24 March 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I ruled out browser issues before I came here, this board works fine. Tested on Win32 with Firefox and IE, MacOS X with Safari and Firefox. Same results; Javascript stuff just doesn't work. When you click on something that should pop up a javascript window, you get nothing. Other Javascripts on the server work ok, but nothing related to FUDforum is working.
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23611 is a reply to message #23610] Thu, 24 March 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Unusual...

Do you have any PHP or Apache modules that filter the output before it get's sent to the user?

Many of the forum's JavaScript utils actually have the call inside the href="" and if something is filtering that it is possible it is breaking the URLs.

Do you have php session.use_trans_sid enabled?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #23619 is a reply to message #23596] Thu, 24 March 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm not sure. I'll check it out in the morning. Thanks for your help Smile
Re: Difficulty with Javascript [message #24716 is a reply to message #23611] Wed, 11 May 2005 14:21 Go to previous message
anner is currently offline  anner   United States
yes, that variable is set on:

; use transient sid support if enabled by compiling with --enable-trans-sid.
session.use_trans_sid = 1

should it not be?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Issue with missing posts on fresh install
Next Topic: Javascipt functions just don't work
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 01:56:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03072 seconds