FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » preformat msg post
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  preformat msg post [message #2387] Wed, 08 May 2002 14:16 Go to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
I saw a msg board that had what I will call a pre-formatted msg post. I believe you had to click a separate button for this type of msg post. The prompts were already there when the screen came up and all the poster had to do was "fill in the blanks."

Is this something doable in FUD? How would one go about doing that?

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."

[Updated on: Wed, 08 May 2002 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: preformat msg post [message #2392 is a reply to message #2387] Wed, 08 May 2002 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I suspect you'd need to create a new form, post_formated.php for example, which would be a series of promts asking the questions based on which the message will be generated. Once the user submits you can either submit the data via POST to post.php or do your own post processing like post.php does.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: preformat msg post [message #2395 is a reply to message #2392] Wed, 08 May 2002 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually it was not in a series of prompts but static in nature.
It appeared just like below:

Name:
Date:
Account Number:
Price:
Quantity:
Reference Number:
Description:
Comments:
etc:

and folks just went to the end of the each : and started typing.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: preformat msg post [message #2401 is a reply to message #2395] Wed, 08 May 2002 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well the simplest way would be to build a simple form that asks those questions, when submitted that form will internally do a POST to the post.php form which will be the one to create the actual message on the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon6.gif  Re: preformat msg post [message #2437 is a reply to message #2401] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I don't know php

can you suggest someone who might do a mod of this type?

Gene
Re: preformat msg post [message #2438 is a reply to message #2437] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:24 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
My company, Advanced Internet Designs Inc. does various custom forum developments for people who require the extra features unique for their sites or work environment. If you are really interested in such a development shoot me off an email to ilia(at)prohost(dot)org with your spec for what exactly you want to do.

Of course anyone familiar with php and object oriented programming could do such a mod for you as well.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Confirm Registration
Next Topic: Different languages in different categories?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:43:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05894 seconds