FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » PDF generation and Anonymous user
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24256] Thu, 21 April 2005 12:27 Go to next message
jonmoss is currently offline  jonmoss   United States

I only have one category and forum under that category that anonymous is allowed to access.

All the other categories and forums are for registered users only.

I discovered this morning that generating a PDF file from the topic works only in the forum where anonymous has access. AND often after the PDF is generated and I return to the forum site, I've been logged out.

Any ideas?

Thanks and have a great day!

Jon Moss
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24259 is a reply to message #24256] Thu, 21 April 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you are logged in as a registered users the generation the PDF will be done with your permissions, however if anonymous visitor tries to generate a PDF they will be able to do so only for the forums they have access to.

I've just confirmed this behaviour on our development forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24263 is a reply to message #24259] Thu, 21 April 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmm . . . I just tried this again. Here's what I did.

I accessed my site. I logged in.

I browsed to a forum topic in a forum where anonmyous does not have any access. I am still logged in as myself (I'm not browsing anonmyously).

I click on the Generate Printable PDF link. I get the following error message AND I'm suddenly logged out:

You have followed an invalid link. Please notify the webmaster how you got here.

I'm attaching a couple of screenshots for you to review.

Jon Moss
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24264 is a reply to message #24263] Thu, 21 April 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Why is the URL in both cases "getfile", this is a file download link?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24269 is a reply to message #24264] Thu, 21 April 2005 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?

I haven't customized FUDForum at all. I merely turned on the PDF generation feature and clicked on the link in a forum to generate the PDF.

Then, for some unknown reason, I get the error message that I screenshotted for you and I'm logged out of the forum.

The only forum that PDF generation DOES work in is the forum where the anonymous user has access (the normal access usually afforded anonymous).

Jon Moss
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24274 is a reply to message #24269] Thu, 21 April 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Are URL sessions enabled on your forum?
Are you using cookie sessions?

I have a feeling that you get logged out prior to access the PDF page, which is why only forums to whom anon users have access to are accessible for PDF generation.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24299 is a reply to message #24274] Fri, 22 April 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The answer is yes to both questions.

Ilia wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 15:36

Are URL sessions enabled on your forum?
Are you using cookie sessions?

I have a feeling that you get logged out prior to access the PDF page, which is why only forums to whom anon users have access to are accessible for PDF generation.

What code could I look at to see if I am getting logged out before accessing the PDF generation routine?

Jon Moss
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24302 is a reply to message #24299] Fri, 22 April 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What I need you to give me is the URL to the PDF generation link, I think it could be missing the necessary session id parameter.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24311 is a reply to message #24302] Fri, 22 April 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ilia wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 08:05

What I need you to give me is the URL to the PDF generation link, I think it could be missing the necessary session id parameter.

http://69.76.206.181:83/fudforum2/pdf.php?frm=5&page=1

If you want to register, I'm fine with that. Or I can create an account if you like.

Jon Moss
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24312 is a reply to message #24311] Fri, 22 April 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, the problem was a missing session id, if you upgrade your forum to 2.6.13RC1 that was release about an hour ago it will fix this problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24313 is a reply to message #24312] Fri, 22 April 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, that was amazingly fast!

I'll download it and review the documentation (there is documentaiton, right? - I've never done an upgrade before).

Thanks very much!

Jon Moss
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24314 is a reply to message #24311] Fri, 22 April 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmm . . . that's a development release. Is it "safe" to place it in a live production environment?

Jon Moss
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24315 is a reply to message #24314] Fri, 22 April 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, it is safe. This release does not introduce anything new, just fixes bugs in the old releases, so while it is marked as "development" it is technically more stable then the stable release Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PDF generation and Anonymous user [message #24321 is a reply to message #24315] Fri, 22 April 2005 18:20 Go to previous message

I got my site upgrade! Huzzah!

The PDF generation link now works everywhere!

Thank you so much for helping me!

Jon Moss
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Adding Logo to Header
Next Topic: Reload messages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 23:47:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07157 seconds