FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Public access to fudforum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Public access to fudforum [message #23681] Sat, 26 March 2005 01:23 Go to next message
UberDuper is currently offline  UberDuper   United States
So I've got egw setup and I'd like to start using fudforum. I've got fudforum running on an anonymous user but there are a few things that look broken.

When you goto http://teamv.uberduper.com/egroupware/fudforum you access the forum anonymously. Unfortunatly, there's no register, login, home, search, etc links at the top. I know that this fudforum uses the egroupware accounts backend which is fine, but I'd like people to be able to initiate the registration process from fudforum. Also would be nice if my users could actually login via the forum.

Also worth noting, after accessing the forum with the anon user, if you go to http://teamv.uberduper.com/egroupware, you're logged into egroupware. Under the anonymous account, sure, but I'd really like to avoid that.

Does this look/sound like a configuration problem on my end or is this operating as intended?

Thanks
UD.
Re: Public access to fudforum [message #23682 is a reply to message #23681] Sat, 26 March 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UberDuper is currently offline  UberDuper   United States
Oh yeah. What's up with that string of numbers in the URL?
http://teamv.uberduper.com/egroupware/fudforum//3814588639/index.php?

Looks easy enough to remove.. And I don't see fudforum.org using it. So is it safe to get rid of?

Thanks
UD.
Re: Public access to fudforum [message #23692 is a reply to message #23682] Sat, 26 March 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
All authentication in eGW is done by eGW and not the forum. The "anon" users are implemented via a hack, which works by "logging in" the anon users into the anon account.

The strings of numbers are necessary to separate between multiple fudforum installs for different hosts running the same eGW.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Public access to fudforum [message #24570 is a reply to message #23681] Wed, 04 May 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keneisman is currently offline  keneisman   United States
I'm happily using eGW for our intranet, but I would also like to have a 'public' forum. Should I install a separate copy of FUDForum or is there a way to use the FUDForum that is installed in eGW? Maybe create a new domain in eGW that only has access to FUD? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ken
Re: Public access to fudforum [message #24576 is a reply to message #24570] Thu, 05 May 2005 13:07 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
For a public forum un-related to eGW your best bet is to go with a standalone version of FUDforum.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Subscription for Notification of New Topics from eGroupWare FUDForum
Next Topic: Setting Up FudForums on Apache 2.0 with Egroupware
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 04:15:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01984 seconds