FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Javascipt functions just don't work
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Javascipt functions just don't work [message #24732] Thu, 12 May 2005 19:32 Go to next message
anner is currently offline  anner   United States
I'm having trouble with Javascript in FUDforum. We upgraded the forum in march, which meant that serveral parts that were no longer js started working, but we are still having no luck with the js parts. It seems to be server side, Tested on Win32 with Firefox and IE, MacOS X with Safari and Firefox. Same results; Javascript stuff just doesn't work (no errors). When you click on something that should pop up a javascript window, you get nothing. Other Javascripts on the server work ok, but nothing related to FUDforum is working. Someone said to check and see if php session.use_trans_sid was enabled, it is:

; use transient sid support if enabled by compiling with --enable-trans-sid.
session.use_trans_sid = 1

should it not be?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Anne
Re: Javascipt functions just don't work [message #24741 is a reply to message #24732] Thu, 12 May 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Mexico
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum does not use trans_sid, you should disable it for the FUDforum directory. Ths will probably solve your problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Javascipt functions just don't work [message #24766 is a reply to message #24741] Fri, 13 May 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there a way to turn it off for just that directory? That's new to me, please share

Thanks so much
Anne
Re: Javascipt functions just don't work [message #24768 is a reply to message #24766] Fri, 13 May 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried to add a php.ini to that directory and restart apache with that variable set to zero, but no luck. Please let me know how to change the variable for just that dir.

Thanks,
Anne
Re: Javascipt functions just don't work [message #24772 is a reply to message #24768] Fri, 13 May 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Out of interest. I have
; use transient sid support if enabled by compiling with --enable-trans-sid.
session.use_trans_sid = 1
on another server where the forum (inside egroupware) runs just fine.

???
Now I'm just confused.
Re: Javascipt functions just don't work [message #24775 is a reply to message #24772] Fri, 13 May 2005 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, it's not a php/server level problem. I installed an instance of FUD on the same server in a different directory, and it works fine. I'm thinking it's a problem with the way the site is displayed. It uses a theme that makes it look that that company's web site...has anyone else had a problem with this?

Re: Javascipt functions just don't work [message #24779 is a reply to message #24775] Fri, 13 May 2005 20:42 Go to previous message
we found it. after all that, it was that one of the designers left out one of the js links when editting the header template to look like the client site. all better now.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Difficulty with Javascript
Next Topic: I faied to installed when the server do not allow creat .htaccess file
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:01:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06172 seconds