FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Exporting messages to NNTP - unusable format
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Exporting messages to NNTP - unusable format [message #24690] Mon, 09 May 2005 20:43 Go to next message
icarus is currently offline  icarus   Germany

Hi!

By now I'm planning to replace my phpbb-based forum with fud. Especially because of the threading support and the possibility to sync with a newsserver.

But ... the format of exported messages is really ugly:
Und?<br />
<br />
Wie?<br />
<br />
Bläh!<br />

--
Tschau!<br />
<br />
Michael<br />
<br />
P.S.: Ich bin hier der Boss Wink

There is HTML-code in the messages. And the quoting isn't translated. When exporting not the real name but the nick name is used. That is another thing I declare as bug.

Can it be changed by reconfiguring some parameters? Or do I have to edit the PHP-code? (Which files do I have to edit?)

Bye!

Michael

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exporting messages to NNTP - unusable format [message #24743 is a reply to message #24690] Thu, 12 May 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Mexico
Administrator
Core Developer
Not a bug, NNTP does not support rendering of HTML, therefor the forum simply encodes the text and displays it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Exporting messages to NNTP - unusable format [message #24762 is a reply to message #24743] Fri, 13 May 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
icarus is currently offline  icarus   Germany

Hi!

Ilia schrieb am Do, 12 Mai 2005 23:44

Not a bug, NNTP does not support rendering of HTML, therefor the forum simply encodes the text and displays it.

I'm not sure if we speak of the same things. This HTML-problem occurs when exporting from the forum to nntp. I saw these HTML-elements in my newsreader.

The other direction is working.

In which format messages are stored in the forum database? In FUD Code or HTML?

And could you tell me the file names that I could debug or change? Some month ago I wrote a convertion function for the interchange between phpbb and the usenet quoting style. This function changes the ">" into the quote-tags and vice versa. I guess this could useful even for fud?

Bye!

Michael
Re: Exporting messages to NNTP - unusable format [message #24791 is a reply to message #24762] Sat, 14 May 2005 14:43 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Mexico
Administrator
Core Developer
The message bodies are stored as HTML and are converted to plain text before being sent to NNTP and/or mailing list. There was a bit of an error in this functionality in som older versions. One solution you should definately try is upgrading to 2.6.13RC3

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Logged in users list, etc.
Next Topic: Unused template causing compiler error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:36:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04073 seconds