FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Calendar Discussion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Calendar Discussion [message #24884 is a reply to message #23708] Wed, 18 May 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marticus   United States
Is this a CMS or a web-based discussion forum? I like the idea of being able to integrate external apps into fud or fud into external apps, e.g. fud into mambo (I really would like to see that happen), but I don't see why it is necessary for a discussion forum app to have a built in calendar. The birthday reminder option could be a nice addition because it makes the member birthday field more useful.

Having said all this, you need to know that my opinion on this matter comes from the unix world where we believe you should have several small apps that do one thing efficiently than have one bloated app that does lots of things less efficiently. All of these things integrate quite nicely.

Maybe we should focus on ease of integration of fud rather than adding bloat to fud when it does what it does quite nicely.

I am all for modular integration. If fudforum had modules that could alter the tables and templates for different apps, e.g., web calendar, mambo. Then you could focus on updates and tweaks while others focus on updating modules for each new release.

I digress.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to stop recording in the table forumsfud_ses ?
Next Topic: Simple logged in check
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 20:20:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04591 seconds