FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Template tree view
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Template tree view [message #24899] Wed, 18 May 2005 14:31 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
When I was modifying my theme, I found that it may have been helpful if the template tree view had some sort of association view that showed where in the theme each .tmpl was attached. My work-around was to use Nvu on the resulting page to view it as a whole. If each .tmpl had a <!-- file.tmpl --> in it. Maybe the use of basename() would be helpful during template compilation, or something. Just a thought. On a side note, I enjoy the ease of modifying the dynamic templates in mambo. Although, I like the idea of pre-compiled static templates (or whatever you are calling your system) to reduce overhead. I'm done rambling now.
Re: Template tree view [message #24905 is a reply to message #24899] Wed, 18 May 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Templates already have references in the form of {REF} tags

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Template tree view [message #24906 is a reply to message #24905] Wed, 18 May 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
And these appear in the resulting html code?
Re: Template tree view [message #24907 is a reply to message #24906] Wed, 18 May 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
no, there is no need for them to appear there, it would only be a waste of bandwidth.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Template tree view [message #24908 is a reply to message #24905] Wed, 18 May 2005 15:29 Go to previous message
Marticus   United States
The resulting php files in the theme directory could have at the beginning of each file, <!-- <? print basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) ?> -->

But, I suppose I would be the only one who finds this useful because I don't know what I am doing when it comes to making fud templates. The template system is definately not for wysiwyg users. I admit I can go either way, but I much prefer if wysiwyg was available as a tool to help roll-out new templates.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Cache troubles for guests
Next Topic: Highlighting keywords in search results
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 01:58:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02101 seconds