FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 2 bugs? incorrect notification url; IE refresh/cache
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2 bugs? incorrect notification url; IE refresh/cache [message #24979] Fri, 20 May 2005 04:07 Go to next message
josheli is currently offline  josheli   United States
fud 2.6.11

1. Occassionally, the url in New Topic Notification Email will be "invalid", i.e. not lead to the topic. The latest notification had this URL (which leads to the error page):
http://www.josheli.com/f/index.php?t=rview&th=2

2. Using Internet Explorer: If you create a New Topic (e.g. "test"), then click the forum's name in the breadcrumb at the top, (e.g. "Everything Else" in "Home » The Hacks » Everything Else » test"), the just created New Topic "test" doesn't appear in the topic index. This does not occur in Firefox. Perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere, or it's something on my machine? Feel free to test with an anonymous post.

thanks.
Re: 2 bugs? incorrect notification url; IE refresh/cache [message #24980 is a reply to message #24979] Fri, 20 May 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That URL does not work, because you do not have thread with an id of 2. I suspect the problem maybe that your e-mail client cuts off the last digit of the URL causing it to become invalid. This sometimes is the result of word wrapping done by e-mail clients.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2 bugs? incorrect notification url; IE refresh/cache [message #25027 is a reply to message #24979] Sun, 22 May 2005 17:27 Go to previous message
leecovuk is currently offline  leecovuk   United Kingdom
josheli wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 00:07

fud 2.6.11

Using Internet Explorer: If you create a New Topic (e.g. "test"), then click the forum's name in the breadcrumb at the top, (e.g. "Everything Else" in "Home » The Hacks » Everything Else » test"), the just created New Topic "test" doesn't appear in the topic index. This does not occur in Firefox. Perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere, or it's something on my machine? Feel free to test with an anonymous post.

thanks.

I am also finding this intermittently in Firefox 1.0.3
The last incidence of this was specifically after sending in an email to my forum via the Mail List Manager set up.
I had to view the forum and force a 'reload' in firefox to be able to see the new message topic.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:29]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: The anti-bots code not showing well at registration
Next Topic: Bug in "Change Login Name"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 05:30:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02409 seconds