FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How does Mailing List Manager Work
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: How does Mailing List Manager Work [message #25025 is a reply to message #25024] Sun, 22 May 2005 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leecovuk is currently offline  leecovuk   United Kingdom
I am obviously willing to do so, but cannot understand your logic.
I am talking about how the email is resolved _on the web_; NOT how it is remailed out and syncronised to the mailing list.

I have sent in various plain text emails from different sources so there is nothing strange or non-standard about them in any way. Thus sending you their eml's would be surely pointless.

Re: How does Mailing List Manager Work [message #25026 is a reply to message #25025] Sun, 22 May 2005 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, for Ilia or anyone else willing to help, I have done the following:

1) Sent in a plain text email from one of my Yahoo webmail accounts.

2) CC'ed myself on it.

3) Viewed the result on the web. Same problem as shown here:
http://www.incelsite.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=18&start=0&S =eafa9f4ba1247fd10b03414b7215440a

4) Saved the eml's in Thunderbird of both the remailed email and the copy I received via the cc.

5) Am about to send Ilia the 2 eml's as specifically requested, via PM on this board.

If Ilia's or anyone's else's testing shows 'nothing wrong' as I suspect will happen, then there is obviously an issue with how my hosting set up is handling this and presumably other Fudforum issues. If requested, I will offer specific details of my set up in a further attempt to assist.

thankyou.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How does Mailing List Manager Work [message #25028 is a reply to message #23879] Sun, 22 May 2005 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the separate issue of how to change Fud's preference to use the html part of an email rather than the plain text version;
Ilia earlier only gave me a very loose clue that it is defined somewhere in maillist.php

So, although I am not a php programmer it appears I have located and changed the correct part. I am showing it here in case it helps anyone else reading this, but I have yet to find if it causes any unforeseen problems.
In the file section I have screengrabbed below, I have highlighted what I have changed (only highlighted here for clarity) : -

index.php?t=getfile&id=2024&private=0
  • Attachment: htmlpref.gif
    (Size: 11.61KB, Downloaded 1037 times)
Re: How does Mailing List Manager Work [message #25045 is a reply to message #25026] Tue, 24 May 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I've tried both the eml messages that you've sent and both appear to have retained their newlines as intended. I'll pm you URLs to the imported messages so you can confirm.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How does Mailing List Manager Work [message #25048 is a reply to message #25045] Tue, 24 May 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for checking it; I can confirm that your url's indeed look fine.
Do you have any idea why my install is reacting differently? Are there any apache or php functions which cause issues like this? If so I will check with my host as to whether the appropriate options are available / turned off.

Also, presumably your 2.6.13RC2 is the same as the publicly downloadable version? I do notice however that your Services page mentions your paid hosting services have special php patches in use.
This makes me wonder how transferable Fudforum is across different platforms. I can supply my specific hosting details if you feel it is of any relevance or use.

thanks again.
Re: How does Mailing List Manager Work [message #25049 is a reply to message #25048] Tue, 24 May 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Automatic new line detection PHP setting could potentially be responsible for this problem, but that seems unlikely.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How does Mailing List Manager Work [message #25123 is a reply to message #23879] Wed, 25 May 2005 23:12 Go to previous message
angusf is currently offline  angusf   United Kingdom
Ilia I congratulate you on your patience.

Angus
Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: 'From' email in postings to list
Next Topic: Add more legends + others
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 20:23:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03002 seconds