FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Last Call for Features
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2385 is a reply to message #2380] Wed, 08 May 2002 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The Ecxeleron wrote on Wed, 08 May 2002 7:45 AM

Quote:

FUDforum Development » FUDforum 2 » Last Call for Features

If I click on "FUDforum Development" I get farwarded to the forum index, and not the category, It should be:
Quote:

Forum index » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 2 » Last Call for Features

and fudforum development should link to the category

You dig me? Very Happy

A category does not have a separate page, which is why the category link actually takes the user to the front page when it is clicked on.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2407 is a reply to message #2264] Wed, 08 May 2002 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ecxeleron,

I've added the batch of smilies that you've sent me to the CVS, you've missed 1 smiley though, "icon_arrow.gif".

As for the toolbar buttons, I saw your "quote" button but I don't like it, can you try to design it differently. Or just take the image from our current quote icon and put it on your background.

The subscript & superscript are show on the url below:
http://forum2.prohost.org/test.html

P.S. Please send you me your real name and email/website URL that you want me to put inside the FUDforum credits file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2429 is a reply to message #2264] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ecxeleron is currently offline  Ecxeleron   Australia
Ok, no problem, I'll get started as soon as I get home Smile . I have friday off, so I might be able to do some more images for fud. What doo you think of the on and off icons?

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2431 is a reply to message #2429] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
They look good, but they need to be anti-aliased so that they look good on the forum's background...

If you can make'em anti-aliased I'll definately used them

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2432 is a reply to message #2385] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Wed, 08 May 2002 11:45 PM

The Ecxeleron wrote on Wed, 08 May 2002 7:45 AM

Quote:

FUDforum Development » FUDforum 2 » Last Call for Features

If I click on "FUDforum Development" I get farwarded to the forum index, and not the category, It should be:
Quote:

Forum index » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 2 » Last Call for Features

and fudforum development should link to the category

You dig me? Very Happy

A category does not have a separate page, which is why the category link actually takes the user to the front page when it is clicked on.

Fair enough Smile

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2435 is a reply to message #2264] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My real name is Stan Bloch, My website is ecxeleron.orphus.com, soon to become ecxeleron.net and My email is sbloch(at)yahomail(dot)ne(dot)gs

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2443 is a reply to message #2440] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ecxeleron wrote on Wed, 08 May 2002 11:27 PM

I've just changed my login to just 'ecxelron' now. Smile

Okie... should've asked me to change your nick Smile

In FUDforum the admin can change user's nick... Wink

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2446 is a reply to message #2445] Thu, 09 May 2002 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
okie...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2451 is a reply to message #2264] Thu, 09 May 2002 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Fud Rox. It totaly kiled my desire for vbullshit Laughing

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2454 is a reply to message #2264] Thu, 09 May 2002 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what does fud need tree view for? It's just a thing of the past Laughing. I think that fud 2 needs to be cleaned out of all the un necassary features like tree view. Smile

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2455 is a reply to message #2454] Thu, 09 May 2002 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Actually many people like the tree view because it clearly shows who replied to who etc...
You'd be surprised at the number people who like because they are used to the tree views drawn by the newsgroup readers.

The tree view itself does not cause any extra code and is mostly an idependant form that caused 0 performance loss for the forum.

So, the tree view stays Smile

Tree View will become even more useful when we begin work on nntp & mailing list integration for FUDforum 2.1

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2456 is a reply to message #2431] Thu, 09 May 2002 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Thu, 09 May 2002 12:40 PM

They look good, but they need to be anti-aliased so that they look good on the forum's background...

If you can make'em anti-aliased I'll definately used them

No problem Smile

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2463 is a reply to message #2264] Thu, 09 May 2002 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, shit, My trial period has ended for animation shop, I can't do the transprency for my last face icon, nither can I do the anialaias for the on/ off icons, I've included it, but yo will have to doo the transparency Sad I'm terrebly sorry. Sad.

Hackie should find me a trial time-out hack Very Happy
  • Attachment: arrow.gif
    (Size: 0.95KB, Downloaded 969 times)
  • Attachment: b_quote.gif
    (Size: 0.92KB, Downloaded 904 times)
  • Attachment: sub.gif
    (Size: 0.94KB, Downloaded 935 times)
  • Attachment: sup.gif
    (Size: 0.93KB, Downloaded 896 times)

icon3.gif  Re: Last Call for Features [message #2465 is a reply to message #2264] Thu, 09 May 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
one feature that I like is the expanded tree view

Check out the msg board at http://www.dcscripts.com/.

The view all feature would be a nice addition.

I liked the msg board at this site except that it was not sql/php. I think FUDforum is much better!

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2467 is a reply to message #2463] Thu, 09 May 2002 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ecxeleron wrote on Thu, 09 May 2002 5:35 AM

Oh, shit, My trial period has ended for animation shop, I can't do the transprency for my last face icon, nither can I do the anialaias for the on/ off icons, I've included it, but yo will have to doo the transparency Sad I'm terrebly sorry. Sad.

Hackie should find me a trial time-out hack Very Happy

Thanks for the buttons, I'll add them now...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2468 is a reply to message #2465] Thu, 09 May 2002 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
esm2002 wrote on Thu, 09 May 2002 8:42 AM

one feature that I like is the expanded tree view

Check out the msg board at http://www.dcscripts.com/.

The view all feature would be a nice addition.

I liked the msg board at this site except that it was not sql/php. I think FUDforum is much better!

Expanded tree view for threads is something we've considered doing but if we do decide to implement it it won't be till version 2.1 or 2.2. The reason being we couldn't design a process to generate such a view in any reasonable time unit especially on large forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2492 is a reply to message #2264] Fri, 10 May 2002 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ecxeleron the toolbar shortcuts that you've made look very nice but there is 1 problem with them, IMHO. The button look as if they were disabled, ie as if the user cannot click on the button because it is disabled. I think the icons should be brighter?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2493 is a reply to message #2264] Fri, 10 May 2002 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry peeps, my software (paint shop pro) has timed out, I only had a demo that I can use only for a short period of time. I'll try to buy the full version, find a hack, or learn something new Smile

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2504 is a reply to message #2454] Fri, 10 May 2002 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
Ecxeleron wrote on Thu, 09 May 2002 8:53 AM

what does fud need tree view for? It's just a thing of the past Laughing. I think that fud 2 needs to be cleaned out of all the un necassary features like tree view. Smile

Don't even think of getting rid of that!!! It was the main reason for me to choose FUDforum over the rest in the first place! I'm shocked that somebody even has the nerves to suggest such a thing! Shocked

Smile
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2505 is a reply to message #2455] Fri, 10 May 2002 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
prottoss wrote on Thu, 09 May 2002 8:58 AM

Tree View will become even more useful when we begin work on nntp & mailing list integration for FUDforum 2.1

Please elaborate. Are you going to make FUDforum a mailing list software as well or are you integrating already existing listsoftware?
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2507 is a reply to message #2505] Fri, 10 May 2002 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
djupsjob wrote on Fri, 10 May 2002 10:35 AM

prottoss wrote on Thu, 09 May 2002 8:58 AM

Please elaborate. Are you going to make FUDforum a mailing list software as well or are you integrating already existing listsoftware?

The "idea" is to allow people to send their replies to post made on the forum via email or fetch them from nntp or a mailing list. The message on the forum itself also could be forwarded to nntp or mailing list.

Essentially it would allow people to use the forum as a mailing/newgroup archive as well as open more avenues for sending/recieving data from/to the forum.

Bear in mind this is no where near development stage, but rather in the preliminary discussion stage there is even a chance this won't be done at all.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2543 is a reply to message #2264] Fri, 10 May 2002 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I agree, tree view isn't hurting anyone who does not want it Smile

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2554 is a reply to message #2543] Sat, 11 May 2002 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I like this newsgroup/usenet/nntp idea, but I also worry this could considerably rise the traffic volume of a site, thus it might get a bit expensive for larger forums. Let's see if it will ever become reality Smile
bye Ken
icon3.gif  Re: Last Call for Features [message #2558 is a reply to message #2264] Sat, 11 May 2002 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aokromes is currently offline  aokromes   Spain
Hi, why no include a uncompresor, for example, you upload a zip file with 100 icons to the Icon Administration System and the forum extract it. (it is better upload 1 file than 100 no?)
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2564 is a reply to message #2558] Sat, 11 May 2002 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Decompression of files requires php to have gzip, zip or bzip2 module.

Zip & Bzip2 do not come turned on by default so they are out of question and gzip although turned on by default it still no avaliable on many systems.

The Forum & Message icons can actually be uploaded via FTP into the directory so, that is already easy to do without the Admin Control Panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2566 is a reply to message #2564] Sat, 11 May 2002 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aokromes is currently offline  aokromes   Spain
If you have access to ftp upload yes but if not... ża upload one dir with all files option?
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2567 is a reply to message #2566] Sat, 11 May 2002 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
HTTP File Upload does not permit for directory uploads.

You can only upload files.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2573 is a reply to message #2264] Sat, 11 May 2002 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The way things are going now, fud 2 will take a year to complete Very Happy Very Happy

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2581 is a reply to message #2264] Sun, 12 May 2002 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SunLord is currently offline  SunLord   United States
Nah should be out by july... If i stop bugging them that is ^_^
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2590 is a reply to message #2264] Sun, 12 May 2002 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe Very Happy

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2605 is a reply to message #2264] Sun, 12 May 2002 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UserTom is currently offline  UserTom   United States
When doing a search for a member's profile, you must remember the exact spelling of that member's name. Could it be possible to have the search function bring up results that partially match the keyword that its entered?

-Tom

[Updated on: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2609 is a reply to message #2605] Sun, 12 May 2002 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
you can enter a partial name and it will find all user names that begin with the text you've entered.

For example, searching for "a" will find ALL users who's login names begin with an "a".

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2611 is a reply to message #2264] Sun, 12 May 2002 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UserTom is currently offline  UserTom   United States
Quote:

you can enter a partial name and it will find all user names that begin with the text you've entered

By now you must think I am a total idiot. I swear it didn't work the first time...

Sorry,
Tom
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2613 is a reply to message #2611] Sun, 12 May 2002 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
not really Smile

This feature is only in FUDforum 1.9X I never backported it to 1.2X

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2614 is a reply to message #2264] Sun, 12 May 2002 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok peeps I just got my:
-300mb of space
-8gb of sweet bandwidth
-4 mysql databases
-lightning fast

for $28 us a year
how kewl is that?

The second I get home, I'm installing Fud 2beta

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2616 is a reply to message #2614] Mon, 13 May 2002 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kewl. Care to share the host?

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2617 is a reply to message #2264] Mon, 13 May 2002 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I care to share, it's http://webguyz.ws, I bought plan 8 ,and doubled it for 15 a year, If ya wanna buy, BUY NOW bercuase the discount will end 4pm monday. So fill out that order form, and pay via paypal to payments(at)webguyz(dot)ws

[Updated on: Mon, 13 May 2002 02:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Last Call for Features [message #2621 is a reply to message #2617] Mon, 13 May 2002 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't see the actual details of the special...just 50% off thru Monday 4pm.

I was actually thinking of talking with the guys here at prohost about hosting a new site for me.

$13/yr is inexpensive!

Gene
Re: Last Call for Features [message #2622 is a reply to message #2264] Mon, 13 May 2002 02:45 Go to previous message
Yeah, sure is!!

Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Error in reply to Sticky
Next Topic: FUDForum 1.9.9-RC1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 14 22:31:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04868 seconds