FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Anonymous users can't browse my forums
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Anonymous users can't browse my forums [message #25165] Sun, 29 May 2005 17:53 Go to next message
Xonk is currently offline  Xonk   Germany
Hi,

I just installed a new forum (no update) with 2.6.13.

Now I have the problem, that Anonymous users can't browse. There get the message:
Tree view of the topic listing has been disabled.
The administrator has disabled the tree view of the topic listing, please use the flat view instead.

I've tried all configs for the default-view. Even if only flat is the default and allowed, anonymous get this error.
Only when I allow tree-view of topic-list browsing works. But I don't want this for the users.
I also tried to change profil for my Anonymous-User (named 'Gast'); with no success.

Can someone help?

Thanks & greets,

Sven
Re: Anonymous users can't browse my forums [message #25166 is a reply to message #25165] Sun, 29 May 2005 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Did the problem materialize before or after any view changes were done?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous users can't browse my forums [message #25167 is a reply to message #25166] Sun, 29 May 2005 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

after installation I changed the config-parameters first, e.g. name for anonymous to 'Gast', and Default-View to 'Flat Thread list, Tree Message List'. Then I logged out, I tried to browse the forum and the error-message appears.
After that I tried all the others configs, as described.

Sven
Re: Anonymous users can't browse my forums [message #25187 is a reply to message #25167] Mon, 30 May 2005 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I now changed the name of the anonymous user from 'Gast' to 'Anonymous' and edited the profil of this user (view-settings).
Now it works. The problem seems to be the name of this user ...
Re: Anonymous users can't browse my forums [message #25200 is a reply to message #25165] Tue, 31 May 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This was actually a code bug that is now fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous users can't browse my forums [message #25299 is a reply to message #25200] Sat, 04 June 2005 14:05 Go to previous message
Thanks Smile!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: theme not removed from include dir when deleted in UI
Next Topic: "Public Host Resolving" option not functioning correctly
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 05:30:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02687 seconds