FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Weird repsesentation of greek language
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  Re: Weird repsesentation of greek language [message #25219 is a reply to message #25147] Tue, 31 May 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
foris is currently offline  foris   Cyprus
Well I tried creating a new theme for greek by creating a new directory under i18n and using ISO-8859-7 as charset. That didn't solve the problem so I tried to check out the source code a bit.

After having experimented a bit, I found out that the problem is caused by the htmlspecialchars() conversion the script does to the forum name. While the category name and all the descriptions are being shown plain without conversion, for the forum name, the unicode string (& # 4 3 5 ; ) is being converted from text to html so the browser presents the unicode string literaly!

If I finally get the chance to deploy EGW and fudforum, I will hack the source code a little to achieve the goal!

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts and for spending time on this! And most of all, thanks for a great open source forum!

Smile
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Timing Out When Replying
Next Topic: File attachment not able to upload above 500KB
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-