FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Mail server problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Mail server problem [message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:06 Go to next message
sherka is currently offline  sherka   United Kingdom
Hi,

I have installed the forum and most things work okay but I am having problems with email.php and also the registration email. It reports;

Warning: Server Error in D:\nightclubforum.co.uk\data\include\email.inc on line 142

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\nightclubforum.co.uk\data\include\email.inc:142) in D:\nightclubforum.co.uk\data\include\widgets.inc on line 159

I have looked extensively through your forum but can't find much info. I have tried the tests that you suggest to others and they all work okay - basically you can mail okay using mail() with PHP.

Any ideas? I thought you may have already sorted this for others so may have a fix to hand!

Thanks in advance, Sherka

The url is www.nightclubforum.co.uk by the way...

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mail server problem [message #2518 is a reply to message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Does this error occur on email.php form or does it occur anytime FUDforum tries to send an email?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mail server problem [message #2519 is a reply to message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Also, could you run 1 more test for me please.

mail("Ilia <ilia(at)prohost(dot)org>", "Test Email", "Test Subject", "From: your_email\r\nReply-To: your_email\r\nErrors-To: ilia(at)prohost(dot)org");

See if this causes the error you are seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mail server problem [message #2521 is a reply to message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blimey, how on the ball are you? Fantastic!

Yes that code works fine.

Thanks, Sherka
Re: Mail server problem [message #2522 is a reply to message #2521] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie, if that code worked fine... then replace your email.php file with the one attached and then try sending an email using the email.php form.

It should work fine.
  • Attachment: email.php
    (Size: 5.33KB, Downloaded 653 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mail server problem [message #2523 is a reply to message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry missed the previous question - it happens everytime FUD Forum tries to send a mail (mass email etc.)
Re: Mail server problem [message #2524 is a reply to message #2523] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie... try the attached email.php and let me know if email.php form works correctly or not.

If it does work without giving errors I will apply the fixes made to the rest of the email code.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mail server problem [message #2525 is a reply to message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Warning: Server Error in D:\nightclubforum.co.uk\email.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\nightclubforum.co.uk\email.php:120) in D:\nightclubforum.co.uk\data\include\widgets.inc on line 159

Same error, different line! Sorry to be a pain in the arse.
Re: Mail server problem [message #2526 is a reply to message #2525] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you please join FUDforum's channel on irc ( irc.openprojects.net #fudforum) it would make it easier to analyze & solve the problem if we can converse real time.

If not let me know, I'll send you a debug script via email.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mail server problem [message #2528 is a reply to message #2526] Fri, 10 May 2002 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I don't use IRC so it may take me longer to suss that than it will to send me the script!

Cheers, Sherka
Re: Mail server problem [message #2531 is a reply to message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have posted the debug script up...

Thanks for your help, Sherka
Re: Mail server problem [message #2534 is a reply to message #2531] Fri, 10 May 2002 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I found the bug, it appears to have been a problem with your mail server since it didn't like the fact that PHP set sendmail_from field. Even though PHP docs explicitly say that option is for Win32!

Anyhow, I was able to fix the problem and you now have a working code on your server.

For everyone else who has this problem, the fix is in the CVS.
The 2 affected files are: core.inc and email.inc

FUDforum Core Developer
icon10.gif  Re: Mail server problem [message #2540 is a reply to message #2515] Fri, 10 May 2002 21:07 Go to previous message
Sterling work! I must admit, that is quite possibly the best bit of support I've ever had - nice one.

Thanks, Sherka
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mozilla Login Error?
Next Topic: Small style error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 14 22:28:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02678 seconds