FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Aatar Pop Up Window Error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25685] Fri, 17 June 2005 14:41 Go to next message
thebugnut is currently offline  thebugnut   Canada
I have my Forum working, only a few small issues. One that is bugging me is the Avatar selection text link in the Registration form. When you click on the link it should open a Pop Up window where you can select the Avatar you want. Link is correct but I think there is a problem with the Java that Pops Open th Window.

Can anyone help with the the Avatar Section Window Pop Up Script?
Re: Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25691 is a reply to message #25685] Fri, 17 June 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What is the error you are seeing, it works just fine for me in 3 separate browsers...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25695 is a reply to message #25685] Fri, 17 June 2005 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
II figures out the popup error. It was a javascript error. the fudforum was using open_window when it should have been open.window.

Now I need to make my Smileys work. I can't add anything to the body of my messages. you can see what I cam working on here...

http://www.hotrodding.ca/fudforums/
Re: Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25697 is a reply to message #25695] Fri, 17 June 2005 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Uhm... no window_open() is a FUDforum's JavaScript function defined by lib.js, found in the forum's main directory and loaded via the forum's header.

Looking at your site, you seem to have removed that line from the header, hence the error. You also removed the <BASE HREF> tag, which probably can explain the non-working smiley images.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25698 is a reply to message #25697] Fri, 17 June 2005 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... interesting. I guess I didn't realize what I did when I was branding the site. So what do I need to do to repair my issues? what code should I add to the head content of my template?

Re: Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25699 is a reply to message #25698] Fri, 17 June 2005 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a Designer not a developer. So sometimes I get lost in the world of code. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25700 is a reply to message #25699] Fri, 17 June 2005 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, you need to add 2 lines from header.tmpl that you've (I presume accidentally) removed.

<BASE HREF="{FULL_ROOT}">
<script language="javascript" src="lib.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

These lines need to be added to the "header" template section found inside header.tmpl. Once you do that rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Aatar Pop Up Window Error [message #25701 is a reply to message #25700] Fri, 17 June 2005 17:39 Go to previous message
I added the 2 lines and it looks like the bugs have been worked out. Thanks for your keen eyes!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Blank page instead of Forum welcome page
Next Topic: Consistency Check Errors
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 05:16:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02434 seconds