FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #25939] Sun, 26 June 2005 09:41 Go to next message
kmARC is currently offline  kmARC   Hungary

Hi!

I'm new to Fud, new to php, and won't learn it now, but I wan't to use this forum on my website. But I have a problem during the installation: After step2, i get the message:

FATAL ERROR: your MySQL account does not have permissions to create temporary tables.
Enable this functionality and restart the script.

And why?

I don't use the SQL database of my hosting server. I have an SQL database on freesql.org. I can login into it (and that's all, because as I wrote upper, I don't know php, so I don't know phpmyAdmin). The FUDforum can access to the database, I think (because if I type the wrong password, It displays an other warning massage), but cannot make the temporary tables.

And now, the big Question Smile :
How to set (via phpmyAdmin or whatever) the freesql MySQL table to work together with fud?

Additional infos:
Host:www.freesql.org
User: -----
Password: -----
Database: -----
FUDforum SQL Table Prefix: fud26_ <- this isn't my idea, that says the FUD.
If cannot answer, I suggest to make an example SQL database on freesql.org, with public password, and login name, and so on.

And after all, sorry for my bad english (I'm Hungarian) Cool
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #25954 is a reply to message #25939] Mon, 27 June 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is a permissions issue. During 2nd part of the installer the forum checks whether or not your database has the necessary permissions for the forum to work. One of those permissions is the ability to create temporary tables, which your account lacks.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #25957 is a reply to message #25954] Mon, 27 June 2005 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, I've thougth it before, and tried to set up the database to be able to make temporary tables within it. But I couldn't set it up (with phpmyadmin). Can you help me to solve the problem? Embarassed
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #25966 is a reply to message #25957] Mon, 27 June 2005 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Wait till the next release (will be available tomorrow), it will not require temporary tables.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #25992 is a reply to message #25966] Tue, 28 June 2005 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What a relief road! Laughing I'll be waiting, thank you!
icon4.gif  Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26035 is a reply to message #25966] Sat, 02 July 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey, I've still the same problem.

You wrote "Wait till the next release (will be available tomorrow), it will not require temporary tables". Now I have this new version but the error massage won't disappear:

FATAL ERROR: your MySQL account does not have permissions to create temporary tables.

So, how can I set up the sql base via phpMyAdmin?
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26039 is a reply to message #26035] Sat, 02 July 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You got that error while installing FUDforum 2.6.14RC2?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26045 is a reply to message #26039] Sat, 02 July 2005 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh, no, sorry it's 2.6.13, not 14 rc2. But it's been released on 28 June.. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Trying later again with rc2... (One more Embarassed )
icon9.gif  Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26046 is a reply to message #25939] Sat, 02 July 2005 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Still having problem...

NOW, I tried the 14rc2 ending archive (now I'm sure). In step 2 I type in the data's of the freesql.org host, and clicked the next button:

Invalid DB Type.

it said. But I went back. What am I seeing? Wrong password. I typed in the good password, but the same : Inalyd DB type. The other version (2.6.13) it displayed an other message, when I typed in a wrong parameter. Now it's just saying, that the database is invalid.

I registered in for hotsql.com (other free sql hosting service), and I get the same errmsg. What is the next step? (It's really annoying, because on 15 July a forum MUST work on my website... And I'm still beliving fud is the best choice for us.)
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26058 is a reply to message #26046] Sun, 03 July 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What database type did you select?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26071 is a reply to message #26058] Sun, 03 July 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kentucky is currently offline  kentucky   United States
I am having exactly the same problems except that My_Sql is located on the server with my site. BTW, the install script does not ask for database type....
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26077 is a reply to message #26071] Mon, 04 July 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
On the 2nd page of the installer, view source of the page and see what is the value of the DBTYPE hidden field set to?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26086 is a reply to message #26077] Mon, 04 July 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is set to MySQL
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26088 is a reply to message #26086] Mon, 04 July 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try the installer found at:
http://bb.prohost.org/fud21_install/install.php.txt

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26090 is a reply to message #26088] Mon, 04 July 2005 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I am getting this error----

FATAL ERROR: your MySQL account does not have permissions to run LOCK queries on existing MySQL tables
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26091 is a reply to message #26090] Mon, 04 July 2005 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well this is something the forum cannot do without, without the ability to lock tables there is no reliable way to maintain consistency of the database.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon4.gif  Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26093 is a reply to message #26091] Mon, 04 July 2005 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would that be a server side issue on MySQL?
Re: 'fud_forum_install_test_table' query doesn't success [message #26095 is a reply to message #26093] Mon, 04 July 2005 19:19 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
It would be lack of necessary SQL permissions in your database account

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Error Message Help
Next Topic: Upgrade from version 2.3.4
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 19:05:05 GMT 2024