FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » PHP using all the CPU
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon13.gif  PHP using all the CPU [message #2625] Mon, 13 May 2002 09:02 Go to next message
sherka is currently offline  sherka   United Kingdom
Not sure if this is an issue with the FUD Forum or PHP but it's the only thing I use with PHP.

I noticed the webserver slowing down and refusing to post to the DB due to a timeout. I looked at the processes on the server and there's about 7 instances of PHP.exe and the server CPU is running at 100% with PHP using most of it.

I set up FUD on a test box before putting it live and saw it do it once then too.

Any ideas?

I am running W2K/IIS 5.0/PHP4.2.0

Thanks in advance, Sherka
Re: PHP using all the CPU [message #2630 is a reply to message #2625] Mon, 13 May 2002 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
sherka wrote on Mon, 13 May 2002 5:02 AM

Not sure if this is an issue with the FUD Forum or PHP but it's the only thing I use with PHP.

I noticed the webserver slowing down and refusing to post to the DB due to a timeout. I looked at the processes on the server and there's about 7 instances of PHP.exe and the server CPU is running at 100% with PHP using most of it.

I set up FUD on a test box before putting it live and saw it do it once then too.

Any ideas?

I am running W2K/IIS 5.0/PHP4.2.0

Thanks in advance, Sherka

FUDforum has no unterminated loops, I suspect something else is involved. Try to see what was the last script that was run before php.exe began eating up the entire CPU.

Also, are you using PHP as sapi or cgi module?

FUDforum Core Developer
icon1.gif  Re: PHP using all the CPU [message #2637 is a reply to message #2630] Mon, 13 May 2002 18:13 Go to previous message
sherka is currently offline  sherka   United Kingdom
I am using PHP as a CGI module rather than as an isapi dll. I have read of some problems with the dll on the Microsoft Web site.

This may be a tough one to find...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: styles folder is protected and cannot be altered
Next Topic: What's wrong?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 02:42:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02586 seconds