FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2659] Wed, 15 May 2002 17:03 Go to next message
paolo is currently offline  paolo   United States
hi everybody,
i'm trying to install fud2alpha-20020513.zip.
during the installation procedure i get this errors:

[Step 1 of 5]:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of make_into_query(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 473 and 497;

[Step 2 of 5]:
Still the previous plus the following.
Warning: socket_set_timeout() is not supported in this PHP build in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 348.

when i open the forum's pages i also get all the posted variables as "undefined", due to my register_globals set to off (i guess) and no calls to the $_POST[] array in the forum files.

my question: do i have to have my php.ini modified to use the forum or is there something i'm missing?

thanx
btw, compliments to the developers, great job!
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2662 is a reply to message #2659] Wed, 15 May 2002 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
paolo wrote on Wed, 15 May 2002 1:03 PM

hi everybody,
i'm trying to install fud2alpha-20020513.zip.
during the installation procedure i get this errors:

[Step 1 of 5]:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of make_into_query(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 473 and 497;

[Step 2 of 5]:
Still the previous plus the following.
Warning: socket_set_timeout() is not supported in this PHP build in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 348.

when i open the forum's pages i also get all the posted variables as "undefined", due to my register_globals set to off (i guess) and no calls to the $_POST[] array in the forum files.

my question: do i have to have my php.ini modified to use the forum or is there something i'm missing?

thanx
btw, compliments to the developers, great job!

The 1st issue is indeed a bug, I already fixed in latest CVS.
The 2nd is because windows' php apparently does not support this function, I've also corrected this problem by adding checks to the install script before attempting to use the function.

FUDforum has its own internal register globals functionality that is activated when the user's register globals are off. We've been using FUDforum with them off for a while now... I'll see if I can replicate the problem. In the meanwhile setting register globals will most likely solve the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2665 is a reply to message #2659] Wed, 15 May 2002 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx a lot for your precious time!
due to agency policies (%^@#*$&^!!) i should not set register_global "on", so i'm trying to declare the undefined variables with the global array $_POST[]. i'll let you know if i've problems!
ciao
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2682 is a reply to message #2665] Thu, 16 May 2002 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
After much testing PHP 4 aspi and cgi module I cannot replicate the register global problem you are seeing.

You should be aware that PHP's Apache 2 support is experimental at best and it is too early to use PHP on Apache 2 on production servers.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2683 is a reply to message #2665] Thu, 16 May 2002 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, i'm only playing on my machine with apache 2!
but the same problem of "undefined variable" happens also using php 4.2.0 as a module in apache 1.3.20.
now it's still on my pc but if you want i can try to set it on the "official" server so that you can see the errors. i'll have time in the afternoon!
let me know
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2684 is a reply to message #2683] Thu, 16 May 2002 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
paolo wrote on Thu, 16 May 2002 10:23 AM

yes, i'm only playing on my machine with apache 2!
but the same problem of "undefined variable" happens also using php 4.2.0 as a module in apache 1.3.20.
now it's still on my pc but if you want i can try to set it on the "official" server so that you can see the errors. i'll have time in the afternoon!
let me know

Could you please show me the output of (preferably a url) of the phpinfo() on the apache 1.3.20 system running php 4.2.0

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2685 is a reply to message #2684] Thu, 16 May 2002 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here it comes:
http://gisweb.nwrc.gov/efh/phpinfo.php
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2686 is a reply to message #2685] Thu, 16 May 2002 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
paolo wrote on Thu, 16 May 2002 10:36 AM

here it comes:
http://gisweb.nwrc.gov/efh/phpinfo.php

Okie I think I see the problem.

It has nothing to do with register_globals but rather php's error reporting.

The forum tries to set the error_reporting level to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE but this apparently fails.

Could you please try the following test script on your server and let me know if it reports any errors.

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
?>

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2687 is a reply to message #2686] Thu, 16 May 2002 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it seems it doesn't report anything.
you can try with the same link and same file name as above.
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2688 is a reply to message #2687] Thu, 16 May 2002 15:12 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie I believe the "bug" is now fixed latest CVS.

Affected file is core.inc.t

The problem looks like a bug in PHP actually because
@error_reporting() fails while error_reporting succeeds.

For those unfamiliar with PHP @ in front means not to show any errors if there are any while executing the function/expression.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: CVS install annoyance thingie
Next Topic: FUDforum CVS
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 19:45:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02362 seconds