FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2659] Wed, 15 May 2002 17:03 Go to previous message
paolo is currently offline  paolo   United States
hi everybody,
i'm trying to install fud2alpha-20020513.zip.
during the installation procedure i get this errors:

[Step 1 of 5]:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of make_into_query(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 473 and 497;

[Step 2 of 5]:
Still the previous plus the following.
Warning: socket_set_timeout() is not supported in this PHP build in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 348.

when i open the forum's pages i also get all the posted variables as "undefined", due to my register_globals set to off (i guess) and no calls to the $_POST[] array in the forum files.

my question: do i have to have my php.ini modified to use the forum or is there something i'm missing?

thanx
btw, compliments to the developers, great job!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: CVS install annoyance thingie