FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problem with pruning topics
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Problem with pruning topics [message #26918 is a reply to message #26917] Sat, 20 August 2005 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
falcon15121978 is currently offline  falcon15121978   United Kingdom
That was a good pointer you gave me on NFS.. caching. That will keep me busy for a couple of days.. till i get to the bottom of it. Thanks for that.

But does not fudforum, write to any of the files, under normal user operation, session info or anything at all ?. If not that is cool.

You mentioned about catching of files.. and getting the latest position in the file. Which file are you referring to. I am a bit confused. My mysql database is not on NFS. It is on a dedicated mysql server.

The problem with user posting getting truncated or getting mangled is intermittent. I personally did not experience it, but i saw some of the postings. There was a link for "report message to moderator" which appears on the last line of the message far right. It was out of position. and appeared along with the user posting. It looked as if a bit of code was missing, and the table structure was lost or something.

Regarding the sudden influx of emails being sent out. i had users complain about receiving 20 emails in half an hour or so. I personally went into their user profiles and they didn't not seem to have any email notification enabled or subscriptions.

That is about when i decided to rollback, i didn't know how extensive this problem was, and i didn't want it to crash my email server and brings thing to a halt.

Also some of them had their default view changed from flat with message list to some other view, so that they had to click on each message header to see the entry.

Do you think it will be possible to create a new FudForum 7.0 installation, and then import the user details onto it? I am not desparate about the postings. I can get rid of them.

2.6.15 seemed to use a lot of temporary tables and was quite fast. Do you thing it is work upgrading it to 2.7 and then prune all the messages. Or just install a new version and migrate the user details on to the new installation of fudforum.

By the way, can i use the template for displaying threads from the old forum, on to the new forum. My users are so fussy about the old look of the forum. Atleast the displaying of the thread.

My posting has now moved on from a bug report to more casual questions. If you want me to move over to another forum other than the bugs report please let me know.

thanks.. i am very impressed by your response times..

regards
a new system admin.
(i am into my second month of employment)
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Moving a topic twice creates a counter error